The Student Room Group

Medentry vs Medify Mock

I did 1 mock each on both medentry and medify and the results were completely the opposite to eachother.
On medentry i got 2750 in total whereas on medify i got 2270 and know i dont know if im doing well or not i have my actual UCAT exam in 8 days and this has just stressed me out
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KKaur1197
I did 1 mock each on both medentry and medify and the results were completely the opposite to eachother.
On medentry i got 2750 in total whereas on medify i got 2270 and know i dont know if im doing well or not i have my actual UCAT exam in 8 days and this has just stressed me put

This is why I think it’s not a good idea using multiple platforms at once as it gets people confused when they get different results. UCAT mocks don’t directly tell you how you’re gonna score on the test so don’t worry. Just reflect as you would on the questions you got wrong and you will be fine
Reply 2
I first was doing questions on medify and i was getting them right and then i started using medentry and i was getting 90% of the questions wrong on there so i kept on practicing on medentry more than medify. Im going to review the mistakes and then work on them. I also found the medentry mock much easier the medify had me in shock the whole way through it. Thx for reply so quick
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
I am sure you did well in ur UCAT exam but dont mind asking, if you have an unexpired subscription may i use it please. If not the no problem :smile:))
Reply 4
On medentry i got 2750 in total whereas on medify i got 2270 and know i dont know if im doing well or not i have my actual UCAT exam in 8 days and this has just stressed me out

i did medify throughout and i just did my ucat today , didn’t get what i wanted but the actual ucat was higher than the medifys score but in SJT, medify gave band 2 but in the real thing i got band 4 and apparently medify is not accurate
Reply 5
Based on ppl on the internet the views are different
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by mary.yusuf
i did medify throughout and i just did my ucat today , didn’t get what i wanted but the actual ucat was higher than the medifys score but in SJT, medify gave band 2 but in the real thing i got band 4 and apparently medify is not accurate

If you don’t mind asking, can I borrow your account so I could prepare? Hope u got a good score in ur UCAT
Reply 7
Original post by hanaaaaaa
If you don’t mind asking, can I borrow your account so I could prepare? Hope u got a good score in ur UCAT

well my extension ended on friday so i’m really sorry and no i didn’t get a good score but it was way better than what i got on medify :smile:
Reply 8
I first was doing questions on medify and i was getting them right and then i started using medentry and i was getting 90% of the questions wrong on there so i kept on practicing on medentry more than medify. Im going to review the mistakes and then work on them. I also found the medentry mock much easier the medify had me in shock the whole way through it. Thx for reply so quick

HELP PLEASE. I've been using MedEntry only and my scores are absolutely horrendous. My recent mock was 2150. I have only 2 days till my UCAT😭. Is MedEntry just much harder than the real UCAT?
Reply 9
Original post by Shambles23
HELP PLEASE. I've been using MedEntry only and my scores are absolutely horrendous. My recent mock was 2150. I have only 2 days till my UCAT😭. Is MedEntry just much harder than the real

The first time I used medentry it was actually a nightmare I was dying while doing it and then I practised more however they say that their test are harder than the actual ucat but I found my ucat be in the same level maybe a bit more difficult just because I panicked when I saw VR because ALL of my passages were so long. How are u getting on with AR I have made some notes on the patterns if u would like them
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by hanaaaaaa

Original post by mary.yusuf
well my extension ended on friday so i’m really sorry and no i didn’t get a good score but it was way better than what i got on medify :smile:

Hey i bought a monthly pass for both and it expired 3 days after my UCAT
(edited 8 months ago)
The first time I used medentry it was actually a nightmare I was dying while doing it and then I practised more however they say that their test are harder than the actual ucat but I found my ucat be in the same level maybe a bit more difficult just because I panicked when I saw VR because ALL of my passages were so long. How are u getting on with AR I have made some notes on the patterns if u would like them

I rescheduled my test. Thanks for the advice! I'm thinking to get both medify and Medentry this time to prepare better. Do you think I should continue with just MedEntry or should I buy Medify as well?

I'm ok with AR. My biggest issue is QR and sometimes VR. Thanks for letting me know that your passages were a lot longer! People have told me the real ucat passages are shorter even though they hadn't even done the test yet.
Reply 12
I think the mocks are helpful on both but I was getting higher on medentry than medify but slowly i started getting low scores on medentry I think i got burnt out tbh i think if u have enough time till ur UCAT try the free trial on medify and see if u can do a mock and then buy a weekly or monthly pass I'd recommend trying it out for free bcz sometimes you can get confused about the difference in scores
hi ive sat the exam. medify is most accurate, i got some high absurd scores on medentry
Original post by jennaa21
hi ive sat the exam. medify is most accurate, i got some high absurd scores on medentry

Hi what were you averaging in Medify and what did you actually get?
Original post by B7861
Hi what were you averaging in Medify and what did you actually get?

medify, i was averaging 2475 b 3 and i actually got 2490 b 1 in my exam
on medentry i was averaging 2720 b2
medify, i was averaging 2475 b 3 and i actually got 2490 b 1 in my exam
on medentry i was averaging 2720 b2

Oh right, you’ve still got options. I’m using medentry too but I won’t think too much of the mocks if they’re not representative. How did the individual sections compare to Medify
Original post by B7861
Oh right, you’ve still got options. I’m using medentry too but I won’t think too much of the mocks if they’re not representative. How did the individual sections compare to Medify

vr is good it prepped me well, in the actual ucat the passages tended to be shorter but the answer options were long.
dm - on medify is good, its a little harder than the exam but thats a good thing, also use the ucat website for dm
qr easier in the exam so medifys questions are hard but their scoring is accurate
ar - for me was exactly the same as medify, it wasnt harder or easier
sjt - easier than medify and i scored better than i do medify so i think medify is abit harsher
vr is good it prepped me well, in the actual ucat the passages tended to be shorter but the answer options were long.
dm - on medify is good, its a little harder than the exam but thats a good thing, also use the ucat website for dm
qr easier in the exam so medifys questions are hard but their scoring is accurate
ar - for me was exactly the same as medify, it wasnt harder or easier
sjt - easier than medify and i scored better than i do medify so i think medify is abit harsher

Right thanks allot. So apart from mocks on medentry should I not do any timed practice and only do timed practice on Medify?
Reply 19
Original post by B7861
Right thanks allot. So apart from mocks on medentry should I not do any timed practice and only do timed practice on Medify?

I found the mocks on medify more accurate than medentry just bcz the grading was messed up on medentry as it compares you to other students rather than your own score which can make get a high or low score depending on others. I recommend using medify for timed practice aswell as they are all on similar levels of difficulty whereas on medentry it's random

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending