The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1 h4x0r j00 4nd 5t33L j00r pr0n.
Reply 21
It may have more entries because it has more spaces, but I'd say Imperial was harder to get into.
Reply 22
Toiletpaper8
Well, the BMAT is terrifying lol.

so far having done the UKCAT i found that more traumatics than a test which actually tests knowledge minus the essay part!!
Reply 23
BMAT anyday over UKCAT
Reply 24
clank
BMAT anyday over UKCAT

how did you find the BMAT? and how would you compare it to the UKCAT?

Thanks if this would be going of topic would you be able to PM me instead?
clank
BMAT anyday over UKCAT

lol I disagree :p: the BMAT was...hard work :s-smilie:
Reply 26
FFCrusader
lol I disagree :p: the BMAT was...hard work :s-smilie:

in what way? do you mean you had to revise for it?
jjkkll
in what way? do you mean you had to revise for it?

Involved a lot of thinking within a short amount of time lol I had a headache after :p: I did alright though :smile:
Reply 28
FFCrusader
Involved a lot of thinking within a short amount of time lol I had a headache after :p: I did alright though :smile:

isnt that what most exams ARE!!?? no?
Reply 29
dont know about other people but for starters i find information writen on paper much easier to assimilate quickly than on a computer screen

although timing is key in BMAT i found the UKCAT far more stressful timewise
content wise they are not that different apart from the essay cos you'll prob be doing chem and bio so the level of science isnt hard.

essay spacewise is hard (you only have one page) but its only really 4 paragraphs
spelling out what the statement states and outlining a few key points
arguments for
areguments against
conclusion
Renal
Well. GKT probably does have the highest number of entry routes with 4-Year, 5-Year and 6-Year courses.

Other than that, it is essentially the same, at this level it doesn't really matter whether there are ten applicants per place or eleven.

However, the two schools look for slightly different types students, for example, rugby players for ICSM and gangstas for GKT.

:laugh: I guess I better leave, then.
Reply 31
clank
dont know about other people but for starters i find information writen on paper much easier to assimilate quickly than on a computer screen

although timing is key in BMAT i found the UKCAT far more stressful timewise
content wise they are not that different apart from the essay cos you'll prob be doing chem and bio so the level of science isnt hard.

essay spacewise is hard (you only have one page) but its only really 4 paragraphs
spelling out what the statement states and outlining a few key points
arguments for
areguments against
conclusion

Thanks, i also found the UKCAT, really boaring and i could not be boathered to read all that information, i was making me fall asleep.

Your summary of the essay was really helpful, and exaclty all BMAT takers will be doing the Sciences(chem+ bio) so it shouldnt be all that hard.

What did you get in your UKCAT? and i also find thinking on paper sometimes easier.
Reply 32
640 i think
Reply 33
clank
640 i think
and then in your BMAT?

i got 520,530,550,530 for UKCAT
Reply 34
5.3 4.7 and 9

not amazing (4.7 when i've done degree level maths chem and bio :s-smilie:) but enough
Reply 35
clank
5.3 4.7 and 9

not amazing (4.7 when i've done degree level maths chem and bio :s-smilie:) but enough

i need/would prefer to get 5,5,9 so i can be guarenteed and interview from UCL
Reply 36
yeah,

but i wouldnt worry to much

i know 4 or 5 people that got in with 17s
jjkkll
isnt that what most exams ARE!!?? no?

lol they're generally not as bad :p:

jjkkll
i need/would prefer to get 5,5,9 so i can be guarenteed and interview from UCL

It is nice to be guaranteed a place. I wonder if they would have even looked at my application if i hadn't got that minimum score.. lol (not putting you off, it was just something i wondered after as they evidently didn't like me much :p:)

clank
yeah,

but i wouldnt worry to much

i know 4 or 5 people that got in with 17s

I know someone who got in with 14...
Reply 38
FFCrusader
lol they're generally not as bad :p:

It is nice to be guaranteed a place. I wonder if they would have even looked at my application if i hadn't got that minimum score.. lol (not putting you off, it was just something i wondered after as they evidently didn't like me much :p:)

I know someone who got in with 14...

how come?

they're really good scores

where did you get offers?
clank
how come?

they're really good scores

where did you get offers?

Bad interview lol :o:

No offers for me :frown:

Latest

Trending