The Student Room Group

Extra curricular activities and workexperience

Hi,
I was abroad for a 7montjs cause of family stuff so i wasn’t able to enrol to my first choose sixthform . Instead i enrolled to this online a level learning thingy however im finding it so hard to join extra curricular activities cause i don’t have a school that directly provides it . I’ve also emailed law firms and shops for work experience and i haven’t heard back what do i do
I think maybe give them a ring if you have direct contact details for them. You can also volunteer which helps build up great experience and I could give you some tips on some online groups if you’re interested in what sort of hobbies do you like? Extra curricular wise, you could maybe go to a local leisure centre or community centre and see what they have for your age group
Original post by ebyrne2036
I think maybe give them a ring if you have direct contact details for them. You can also volunteer which helps build up great experience and I could give you some tips on some online groups if you’re interested in what sort of hobbies do you like? Extra curricular wise, you could maybe go to a local leisure centre or community centre and see what they have for your age group

Hi thanks for your reply , yeh I’ll prolly just call them up and i checked online most of the activity leisure clubs around me are for younger children the only activity i currently do is the gym 🤣and i don’t think that’s enough for UCAS application lol , yes I’ll defensively try volunteering i acc signed up as a volunteer for a local law firm and they haven’t emailed me back so yeh
Original post by ebyrne2036

Yes i would really appreciate tips on online groups, well i like reading art nails hair makeup literature Pilates drawing that sort of stuff
Original post by Jsjskscjosjejs

Hi thanks for your reply , yeh I’ll prolly just call them up and i checked online most of the activity leisure clubs around me are for younger children the only activity i currently do is the gym 🤣and i don’t think that’s enough for UCAS application lol , yes I’ll defensively try volunteering i acc signed up as a volunteer for a local law firm and they haven’t emailed me back so yeh

Definitely****
Reply 5
you should try entering essay competitions, loads of them are free and show your academic capabilities and you can even win prizes. there are literally hundreds just type into google essay competitions about xxxx and you will 100% find something, the hard part is actually writing them
Original post by aaaaaaaaa.
you should try entering essay competitions, loads of them are free and show your academic capabilities and you can even win prizes. there are literally hundreds just type into google essay competitions about xxxx and you will 100% find something, the hard part is actually writing them

Omg tysmmm that’s such a cool idea yk
Original post by aaaaaaaaa.

Hi just a quick questions, can you recommend me any? Like ones that don’t have an entry fee cause I’m broke right now 😭😭I searched and most of them have a entry fee
Original post by Jsjskscjosjejs
Thankyou so much babes your the best that was really helpful

no problemmm and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending