The Student Room Group

The Protein Works review

Hello fellow gym goers!!

I want to do a quick thread on my review of TheProteinWorks and also comparing it to other brands such as MyProtein which is also quite popular.

The Protein Works has a good value for money however it is a little bit more expensive than one of its rival brands - MyProtein. In my opinion TPW is worth the extra money since the flavours are great and the quality of whey they use is also a lot better than MyProtein.

Even thought TPW is a little more expensive they do have some pretty good deals where you can get up to 53% off some products and there is a student discount of 40% with Unidays so its worthwhile making an account there. TPW can work out pretty cheap due to their good deals.

I'm currently using TPW’s 100% Whey Extreme(Double Chocolate). The flavour is great and although it is slightly more expensive than the alternative powders it has a higher nutritional value and can be used a pre and post workout shake. There is a wider variety on other whey products in terms of flavours but i recommend chocolate silk as it has a good consistency and taste which gets rid of the gagging problem i used to have.

Side Note: If you are unhappy TPW also lets you change the flavour even up to a year after you have bought the product so you cant go wrong with it.

You can also get 250g of free whey protein powder on your first order over £10. All you have to do is create an account and enter the referral code AA1450828 during registration. When you try to purchase something it will prompt you to select your flavour and free 250g of protein which i think is pretty good for trying new flavours. Also when you make the order you will be given 10 pounds worth of points which you can use in the future.

If anybody has anything else to contribute about competitors such as MyProtein it would be useful for those who may not know too much about the best products to buy.

Also if anybody has experience with any other flavours please drop a comment and let us know whether they are good or not! :smile:

Thanks
Reply 1
Flavour is nice and it mixes well but I haven't used it in years. Just stuck to Optimum Nutrition because it's better quality but it's just a matter of preference really.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Flavour is nice and it mixes well but I haven't used it in years. Just stuck to Optimum Nutrition because it's better quality but it's just a matter of preference really.

Optimum Nutrition is another brand which a lot of people use. I do think though if somebody is looking for a slightly cheaper option due to discounts and something with a wider flavour range TPW is a good way to go.
What flavours have you tried in regards to ON and what do you recommend?
Reply 3
Original post by GymGrinding
Optimum Nutrition is another brand which a lot of people use. I do think though if somebody is looking for a slightly cheaper option due to discounts and something with a wider flavour range TPW is a good way to go.
What flavours have you tried in regards to ON and what do you recommend?

Birthday Cake is amazing, so is cookies and cream. Holland and Barrett do half price offers on ON.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Birthday Cake is amazing, so is cookies and cream. Holland and Barrett do half price offers on ON.

Sounds interesting. I might give that a try thanks for letting me know :smile:
Reply 5
Is TheProteinWorks a trusted brand? They do massive offers constantly unlike some of the other brands out there, so that's the just of the train that it makes me wonder 🤷🏻*♂️

Quick Reply

Latest