The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Foundation year in Applied Biosciences at Coventry University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatimah121
Thank you for all your help I got in applied bios foundation year September one going to work so hard and hopefully get in to physiotherapy x

Hey @fatimah121,

That's amazing, congratulations!

If you'd like to ask anything regarding the course, physiotherapy, the uni, accommodation - feel free to pop us a message :smile:

Best of luck with your course!

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Thank you for all your help I got in applied bios foundation year September one going to work so hard and hopefully get in to physiotherapy x

Hey I’m also going to be doing applied bioscience starting September as I want to hopefully do sports and exercise science next year do you have Snapchat or any other platform I can talk to you on
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey @fatimah121,

That's amazing, congratulations!

If you'd like to ask anything regarding the course, physiotherapy, the uni, accommodation - feel free to pop us a message :smile:

Best of luck with your course!

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Hi I’m also going to be doing applied bioscience starting September as I want to hopefully do sports and exercise science next year and I just want to of say I’m doing very good at the course is there any possible way I can like apply for sports science at Coventry on a different term or same year is that possible?
Original post by prosper999
Hi I’m also going to be doing applied bioscience starting September as I want to hopefully do sports and exercise science next year and I just want to of say I’m doing very good at the course is there any possible way I can like apply for sports science at Coventry on a different term or same year is that possible?

Hi @prosper999,

Thank you for your message.

You will get the opportunity to apply for the course you're interested in while you're on your foundation course, at which academic year is best suited to you, or at least the academic terms dates that are available.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi @prosper999,

You will get the opportunity to apply for the course you're interested in while you're on your foundation course, at which academic year is best suited to you, or at least the academic terms dates that are available.

Veronica
Student Ambassador

for bioscience do i need to colpete a full year of the course for me to be able to do a bacholer degree?

Hii, I’m doing foundation applied biosciences, I don’t know anyone else doikg this course I start this September too, is it possible to meet more people doikg this course.
Original post by prosper999
for bioscience do i need to colpete a full year of the course for me to be able to do a bacholer degree?

Hey @prosper999,

You need to complete the foundation course to progress onto your BSc. According to my friend who completed a foundation course, the course only lasted 6 months. You'll get the opportunity to apply for your BSc whilst undertaking your foundation course.

I hope this helps!

Veronica
Student Ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mad12382722882
Hii, I’m doing foundation applied biosciences, I don’t know anyone else doikg this course I start this September too, is it possible to meet more people doikg this course.

Hey @Mad12382722882,

Yes - it's possible! You can attempt to connect with students through this thread via DM, create a thread and post to advertise, or join a Facebook group page for this year's offer holders!

If you're having trouble trying to find people, don't worry! You'll meet your coursemates when you start your course or when you join a society, a gym, or similar socials :smile: If you find you're having trouble connecting with people, let us know how we can help you.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes fatsgurlove123
Reply 29
Hi I applied to applied biosciences with foundation year hoping to get into diagnostic radiography through the foundation year is this possible?
Reply 30
Hi I’ve applied to applied biosciences with foundation year and I was wondering if I complete the course I will be able to get in diagnostic radiography with it ?
Original post by 22wavey
Hi I’ve applied to applied biosciences with foundation year and I was wondering if I complete the course I will be able to get in diagnostic radiography with it ?

Hey @22wavey,

It's a possibility. Since you're applying to study a science course with a foundation year, the course should prepare you to progress onto a range of degrees (that are within the Health and Life Sciences faculty) such as Diagnostic Radiography.

While you were applying for Applied Biosciences, did you speak to a member of staff in the Health and Life Science Faculty to determine whether this was an option? If you haven't, it may be best to clarify with the admissions team for reassurance. To get in contact with the admissions team, ring +44 (0) 24 7765 8787 (Mon-Fri 8:30-5pm GMT).

You'll apply for Diagnostic Radiography during your foundation year via UCAS and your university will guide you through the application process.

I hope this is informative. If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)
Can we study physiotherapy bsc after applied bioscience foundation year at coventry uni
Original post by taseer zahra
Can we study physiotherapy bsc after applied bioscience foundation year at coventry uni

Hi @taseer zahra,

I believe you can. If the foundation course you are enables you to advance onto the Physiotherapy course then yes.

For clarification, I suggest contacting admissions to confirm or attempt to get in touch with the admissions tutor for Physiotherapy.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Hi I will start to Applied Biosciences Foundation
Can I know after what time I can study for example can I study biomedical science. Health and medical science or Pharmacy.
Many thanks for your help
You can study during your free time so like in the evening after school
Original post by cardash
You can study during your free time so like in the evening after school

Sorry by mistake I wrote time but my question can I study after Applied Biosciences Foundation Biomedical Science or Health and medical science
Many thanks for replying x
Original post by Mariam Alhussein
Sorry by mistake I wrote time but my question can I study after Applied Biosciences Foundation Biomedical Science or Health and medical science
Many thanks for replying x

When you finish your work there is nothing stopping you to study. It would be a good idea to do related things and maybe with the provider of your other course. My condolences for th

Hi, I am in the same position as you right now, I got a foundation offer for applied biosciences but I want to study Physiotherapy (BSc). We’re you able to study physiotherapy after the foundation course?
Original post by mimi05x
Hi, I am in the same position as you right now, I got a foundation offer for applied biosciences but I want to study Physiotherapy (BSc). We’re you able to study physiotherapy after the foundation course?

Hi can ask you please.Is the foundation covered by finance or the student needs to pay.

Quick Reply

Latest