The Student Room Group

What should I do about this eBay mess?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IWMTom
This is a British English forum where -ise is preferred over -ize. Don't criticise someone's spelling without being absolutely sure you're correct.

Why did you comment on that but not on my question? Should I hypothesise why?
what have you purchased then sold on ebay and who from? I was thinking of doing the same myself but didn’t know a reliable source. if you could message me on something that would be great!
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Why did you comment on that but not on my question? Should I hypothesise why?

Your question has already been answered. You broke the rules.
Reply 23
But they should have been delivered to me sooner than I need to dispatch them. So this is only a problem because I've been let down. For what it's worth, I've ordered the items from an outlet or a well-known high street chain on Ebay so didn't expect any problems.

why on earth are you doing business like this especially when you know royal mail is not running at 100% due to coronavirus?

sorry mate, but no sympathy...
Original post by IWMTom
Your question has already been answered. You broke the rules.

In some peoples' opinions
Original post by ANM775
why on earth are you doing business like this especially when you know royal mail is not running at 100% due to coronavirus?

sorry mate, but no sympathy...

The item was sold out everywhere and people were selling it for crazy prices. Then one of the normal sellers restocked and charged the normal price so I bought loads so that I could resell them at inflated prices. With a portion going to charity!
Original post by Haywoodmat
what have you purchased then sold on ebay and who from? I was thinking of doing the same myself but didn’t know a reliable source. if you could message me on something that would be great!

Sorry mate it's too late, you snooze you lose
Reply 27
The item was sold out everywhere and people were selling it for crazy prices. Then one of the normal sellers restocked and charged the normal price so I bought loads so that I could resell them at inflated prices. With a portion going to charity!

the seller has probably realised his mistake and withheld orders to you.
100% your fault and you deserve any negative rep you get.
Reply 29
In some peoples' opinions

In eBay's opinion. You should not sell products that you've purchased on eBay but not yet received.
Reply 30
Original post by Haywoodmat

sounds like he tried his hand at profiteering but things went wrong..
It's such a **** move to buy things and then resell them on afterwards, especially if you don't even have the item lmao.

If I were the seller I would be pissed...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending