The Student Room Group

What is everyone's experiences of using Vinted?

What is everyone's experiences of using Vinted? (specifically selling stuff)

I'm thinking of selling some stuff on Vinted, but want to know what its like. Is it any good etc?
Hi,

I love using Vinted, especially as an easy way to earn extra money whilst being at uni. I prefer using it over depop or ebay as Vinted provide you with a shipping label so all you need to do is drop it off at the place they've chosen for you, you don't have to pay for the shipping either. I would definitely recommend using it as it's so easy to make money and less fees in comparison to depop!

You do have to wait though until your parcel has been delivered to the buyer before you get your money but considering you don't have to pay for shipping it's not to bad :smile: But overall I've had a great experience with it.

Hope this helps :smile:
T x
Original post by Teesside University
Hi,

I love using Vinted, especially as an easy way to earn extra money whilst being at uni. I prefer using it over depop or ebay as Vinted provide you with a shipping label so all you need to do is drop it off at the place they've chosen for you, you don't have to pay for the shipping either. I would definitely recommend using it as it's so easy to make money and less fees in comparison to depop!

You do have to wait though until your parcel has been delivered to the buyer before you get your money but considering you don't have to pay for shipping it's not to bad :smile: But overall I've had a great experience with it.

Hope this helps :smile:
T x

That's good then.
Didn't realize that you didn't have to pay for shipping. I thought you had to pay for it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Emma:-)

I'm thinking of selling some stuff on Vinted, but want to know what its like. Is it any good etc?

I tried it a while ago and found it to be pretty dead. You sell things faster on FB marketplace or on eBay.
Original post by -Eirlys-
I tried it a while ago and found it to be pretty dead. You sell things faster on FB marketplace or on eBay.

I tried Facebook marketplace and didn't manage to sell anything. In fact I got messed about a few times.
I might try eBay though

I love using vinted and it's a good way to earn a little extra money as a student! I wouldn't expect to earn loads and loads on vinted, because people only want to buy things quite cheap but if you have lots of items, you can earn a good amount. I would say price your items for £1-2 more than you're happy to accept. E.g. if you want to sell a top, you could list it for £6 but then people can make you an offer for less, so they might offer you £4 or £5 and you can then accept their offer.

Shipping is really easy and you don't have to pay for it, so it's much better than Ebay etc. Plus, on FB market place and ebay, I find people mess you around. Vinted is monitored well so you shouldn't have any issues. I'd defo give it a go :smile:
Abbie
Reply 6

Awful you run around packing and sending items then they say we have sent your money to your bank but it never comes then when you complain they say it’s your banks fault. Then they expect you to sort it out. I was furious with Vinted never got my money. They are scammers and they steal your money you can’t talk to anyone, I got we have sent your money case closed. I can’t understand how they are still trading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending