The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nina
There isn't a university gym. Individual colleges have gyms but the standard varies considerably. What colleges are you thinking of?

Hi,

My friend would like to know what the gym at Pembroke College is like. Thanks!
Reply 21
ben_stretch
So which college has the best gym? Are they usually close to the colleges or situated away from them?

I dont know who has the best one, but Trinity's got refurbished right before the summer hols. It now has two power racks, glute-ham-raise machine, dips bars, all kinds of cardio machines, lots of barbells and olympic bars, as well as this big multifunction machine where you can do all kinds of cable exercises. That one is situated a bit away from the college main site though, at Burrell's Fields which is between Trinity and the Cavendish, maybe 5 mins to bike from college? You can stay there in your second year though and then it's really close.
I wish I'd payed more attention to this on the open day as I'm an avid powerlifter you see =D I'm thinking of applying to Emmanuel, do they have a gym at all? Thank you for the reply
Reply 23
Duck and Cover
One of my college children has asked me about the Glassworks gym, I know where it is but has anyone ever been there or know what it's like??

my friend uses it and really likes it.
Tyler Durden
Hi,

My friend would like to know what the gym at Pembroke College is like. Thanks!

Hey, Pembroke gym is pretty good, and its generally underused. There's cardio equipment (treadmill/bikes/rowers/maybe a x-trainer?) and there's also some weights. I haven't actually been in there but thats what I can see through the window :smile:
Reply 25
I have a similar question.

Anyone know with Christs has a good set of free weights; i.e. DB up to 80, 2/3 squat racks, place to deadlift, smith machine, few benches, etc?

Thanks
ben_stretch
I wish I'd payed more attention to this on the open day as I'm an avid powerlifter you see =D I'm thinking of applying to Emmanuel, do they have a gym at all? Thank you for the reply

I've heard tales that Emmanuel is getting a gym this year. I hope this is true, but since it's unlikely to be very big so might not have the right equipment. In any case, since I'm living 10 minutes away from college this year, I guess it would be about the same distance to get to Fenners as it is to get the college gym.

Does anyone know where in Fenners the mythical powerlifting room is situated? I've been in there loads of times and not seen it.

illy123
I have a similar question.

Anyone know with Christs has a good set of free weights; i.e. DB up to 80, 2/3 squat racks, place to deadlift, smith machine, few benches, etc?

Thanks

I hope you're talking in pounds rather than kilos for those dumbells, otherwise you are a scary, scary person :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending