The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

MSt in Social Innovation at Cambridge Judge Business School

Hi there,

I am wondering whether anyone in this forum apply for MSt in Social Innovation at Cambridge Judge Business School? I have spent plenty of time on searching for opinions via google, but it seems that no one share the experiences.

I just had interview last month but haven’t heard back from the ICE.

I am just wondering whether anyone have applied this programme and is able to share your application experiences with me? Any other MSt programme applications are welcomed too.

In specific, I would like to know:

How long you get the outcome (either offer or reject) after you submitted the application? Does the department informally inform candidates the outcome before the ICE? I was told that there is a precedure called “recommendation by admission committee” if your interview goes well. Will candidate be informed if he/she is recommended by the admission committee to the degree committee? Or the candidate will be only informed by ICE in the final stage?

Apologies for too many questions. But it would be much appreciated if I can find someone who has applied for Social innovation programme or any other MSt programmes for 2020/2022

Thanks for in advance :wink:
Original post by ChristineMase
Hi there,

I am wondering whether anyone in this forum apply for MSt in Social Innovation at Cambridge Judge Business School? I have spent plenty of time on searching for opinions via google, but it seems that no one share the experiences.

I am just wondering whether anyone have applied this programme and is able to share your application experiences with me? Any other MSt programme applications are welcomed too.

How long you get the outcome (either offer or reject) after you submitted the application? Does the department informally inform candidates the outcome before the ICE? I was told that there is a precedure called “recommendation by admission committee” if your interview goes well. Will candidate be informed if he/she is recommended by the admission committee to the degree committee? Or the candidate will be only informed by ICE in the final stage?

Apologies for too many questions. But it would be much appreciated if I can find someone who has applied for Social innovation programme or any other MSt programmes for 2020/2022

Hi!

I applied to the MSt in Entrepreneurship and received an offer today. I have also spent a lot of time googling but I couldn't find much either! I'll pop as much detail about my experience below just in case it's helpful for you or anyone else who might stumble upon this in the future :smile:

My timeline was as follows:

Applied: 10th March
Invitation to interview: 16th March
Interview: 24th March
Recommendation by Degree Committee: 16th April (this was an email from the Programme and Admissions Coordinator of the course saying the Degree Committee had made an academic recommendation to the ICE that I be made an offer but not an official offer)
Conditional offer: 14th May

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me questions if you have any :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by meetthepancakes
Hi!

I applied to the MSt in Entrepreneurship and received an offer today. I have also spent a lot of time googling but I couldn't find much either! I'll pop as much detail about my experience below just in case it's helpful for you or anyone else who might stumble upon this in the future :smile:

My timeline was as follows:

Applied: 10th March
Invitation to interview: 16th March
Interview: 24th March
Recommendation by Degree Committee: 16th April (this was an email from the Programme and Admissions Coordinator of the course saying the Degree Committee had made an academic recommendation to the ICE that I be made an offer but not an official offer)
Conditional offer: 14th May

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me questions if you have any :smile:

Congratulations!! It’s so glad to hear you have got the offer! And yes, it’s really difficult to see people sharing their experiences on the MSt applications particularly towards programmes in Cambridge Judge School.

After seeing your application procedure/timeline, it seems that the committee likes your application already in the very beginning stage. You got the interview invitation, notifier on the offer recommendation, and the offer in a rather quick tempo. I attended the webinar two days ago, I saw there is an applicant submitting the application in Jan, but even haven’t been notified for the interview. My situation is that I had an interview, but haven’t heard any further news since then (it’s already two months now).

May I know your academic and professional backgrounds if you don’t mind?

Congratulations again!! Hopefully we will have a chance to meet in the school!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi there,

Hi, I agree there are very few active CJBS alumni/students on the TSR, but I can try my best to share! I haven't interacted with any MSt students from Social Innovation because we have a different schedule of teaching given the part-time nature of MSt Social Innovation. I saw it's a relative new program from 2016, so the best place to contact alumni is through LinkedIn!
Original post by JoBy1NoBa
Hi, I agree there are very few active CJBS alumni/students on the TSR, but I can try my best to share! I haven't interacted with any MSt students from Social Innovation because we have a different schedule of teaching given the part-time nature of MSt Social Innovation. I saw it's a relative new program from 2016, so the best place to contact alumni is through LinkedIn!

Thank you for the response. What do you study in CJBS? Do you recommend in general? I meant the network or resources within the school? Do you also have a chance to interact with people from different schools or colleges?

Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you for the response. What do you study in CJBS? Do you recommend in general? I meant the network or resources within the school? Do you also have a chance to interact with people from different schools or colleges?

Thank you,

Christine

I study MPhil in Management, I have a very positive experience and it's been the most interesting year so far!

I'll copy-paste my post from another thread :wink:

Outside course content:
Best parts are the people and the Cambridge experience.

1. A small cohort of 30-40 means that you get to know other students and professors quite well. It's also easier to organise class-level events like trips, college formal swaps (we organised >6 college formals with high turnouts!), and pubs.
2. Diversity of people inside and outside class and college means more exposure to different degrees programmes
3. If you manage your time well, there's a lot of opportunities to get involved in societies and events (getting to know people from other colleagues and departments)
4. The Cambridge Experience - College system (formals, sports at the college-level), beautiful Judge Business School, awesome community.
5. It's not London, Cambridge is a beautiful, quiet, safe town. You can always work in London after graduating
I study MPhil in Management, I have a very positive experience and it's been the most interesting year so far!

I'll copy-paste my post from another thread :wink:

Outside course content:
Best parts are the people and the Cambridge experience.

1. A small cohort of 30-40 means that you get to know other students and professors quite well. It's also easier to organise class-level events like trips, college formal swaps (we organised >6 college formals with high turnouts!), and pubs.
2. Diversity of people inside and outside class and college means more exposure to different degrees programmes
3. If you manage your time well, there's a lot of opportunities to get involved in societies and events (getting to know people from other colleagues and departments)
4. The Cambridge Experience - College system (formals, sports at the college-level), beautiful Judge Business School, awesome community.
5. It's not London, Cambridge is a beautiful, quiet, safe town. You can always work in London after graduating

Thank you so much for the response. It seems that studying in CJBS will be a good experience! Really hope I can get the offer then...

Have you met any MSt students while you are studying in the campus?
Thank you so much for the response. It seems that studying in CJBS will be a good experience! Really hope I can get the offer then...

Have you met any MSt students while you are studying in the campus?

I recall meeting one MSt student auditing one of our Strategy class. We don't have common courses, so there are few opportunities to mingle with MSt. But I know some classmates are buddies with some MSt because they live in the same college and that helps with meeting people from different programmes in Judge :smile:
Hi guys, I have also applied to do MSt Entrepreneurship for the coming Sept. Was wondering what qualities are they looking for as I had two interviews with them in early April and has yet to hear anything yet? Thank you!
Original post by lifeisawesomex
Hi guys, I have also applied to do MSt Entrepreneurship for the coming Sept. Was wondering what qualities are they looking for as I had two interviews with them in early April and has yet to hear anything yet? Thank you!

Hi I think @meetthepancakes may be able to respond to your question on mst entrepreneurship?
Hi I think @meetthepancakes may be able to respond to your question on mst entrepreneurship?

Hi, I'm not sure if I could tell you what they're looking for (besides what they say on the website) but I can tell you my basic profile if that's helpful :smile:

Degree: 1st class BSc
School grades: straight A*s at GCSE and A Level
I've got a fair bit of relevant work experience too which I wrote about in my application and we discussed in my interview (I just had one interview).

I saw someone else who is waiting to hear posted on here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5894950&page=299#post88720538 might be helpful.

Let me know how you get on :smile:
Original post by meetthepancakes
Hi, I'm not sure if I could tell you what they're looking for (besides what they say on the website) but I can tell you my basic profile if that's helpful :smile:

Degree: 1st class BSc
School grades: straight A*s at GCSE and A Level
I've got a fair bit of relevant work experience too which I wrote about in my application and we discussed in my interview (I just had one interview).

I saw someone else who is waiting to hear posted on here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5894950&page=299#post88720538 might be helpful.

Let me know how you get on :smile:

Thank you! I just finished my undergrad degree so don't have a lot of relevant work experiences... But I'll wait for a bit more to see x
I recall meeting one MSt student auditing one of our Strategy class. We don't have common courses, so there are few opportunities to mingle with MSt. But I know some classmates are buddies with some MSt because they live in the same college and that helps with meeting people from different programmes in Judge :smile:

Thank you for the insightful feedback :wink:
Hi there,

Hi, I have just received the offer from MSt social innovation.

Application submission: 15th April 2020
Interview invitation: 20th April 2020
Interview: 30th April 2020
Offer notification via the department: 3rd June 2020
Self service portal access: 23rd June

Did you eventually get the offer?
Reply 14
Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone in this thread is still active? I'm also thinking of applying to the MSt in Social Innovation and would love to hear about past experiences.
Original post by lamianboy
Hi, I have just received the offer from MSt social innovation.

Application submission: 15th April 2020
Interview invitation: 20th April 2020
Interview: 30th April 2020
Offer notification via the department: 3rd June 2020
Self service portal access: 23rd June

Did you eventually get the offer?

What does your profile look like? I'm aiming for this, I'm a first year psychology student at Loughborough.
Original post by silversilk
What does your profile look like? I'm aiming for this, I'm a first year psychology student at Loughborough.

Apologies for the very delayed response. I just seen this.
My background - I've been working in a private and academic sectors in London as a research role for 7 years. I hold a MSc degree (high merit) from the LSE and a MA degree with distinction at a university in Asia.
Original post by johnny520
Hi, I am applying for the same programme this year. Would it be possible if you might share your interview questions by any chance, please?

I don't think that's allowed I'm afraid.
Reply 18
Hi there,

Hi Christine! Do you mind sharing more about the interview? I have mine on Monday
Original post by jkluio
Hi Christine! Do you mind sharing more about the interview? I have mine on Monday

Hi there! I am also applying to the same programme this year. Would you mind sharing more info about your application? When did you submit your application and when did you receive the interview invitation?

Thanks and hope you get the offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending