The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MPhil in Public Policy 2024 Acceptances

Hi guys!
Has anyone gotten into the MPhil in Public Policy program for 2024? I applied right before the funding deadline in December and my portal says my application is under review by the department. I'm really really nervous since the status hasn't changed in a little over a month. Is this normal? Or is it a bad sign...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sidtan
Hi guys!
Has anyone gotten into the MPhil in Public Policy program for 2024? I applied right before the funding deadline in December and my portal says my application is under review by the department. I'm really really nervous since the status hasn't changed in a little over a month. Is this normal? Or is it a bad sign...

Hello,

I have applied for MPhil in Public Policy in mid January and expect to wait for the final decision until the end of March / early April.

You should hear back from the department in the last week of February or the first week of March (it usually takes up to 12 weeks…), so status being “under review by the department” is normal at this point- don’t get nervous. Post here when the status of your application changes :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by alexzibzib
Hello,

I have applied for MPhil in Public Policy in mid January and expect to wait for the final decision until the end of March / early April.

You should hear back from the department in the last week of February or the first week of March (it usually takes up to 12 weeks…), so status being “under review by the department” is normal at this point- don’t get nervous. Post here when the status of your application changes :smile:

thanks for letting me know!! big relief honestly.
i wasn't going to apply but i ended up really liking the course structure and then realised the funding deadline was very close so i applied in such a hurry. fingers crossed now! all the best to you too 🙂
Hi! I also applied before the funding, and haven't heard anything yet. It's still "under review by department"... Hope it's not a bad sign...
Reply 4
Original post by maria.turner
Hi! I also applied before the funding, and haven't heard anything yet. It's still "under review by department"... Hope it's not a bad sign...

Have 12 weeks already passed since you applied? If yes, you should email the department and if not, do not worry and wait, as you will receive the admissions decision in due time.
Have 12 weeks already passed since you applied? If yes, you should email the department and if not, do not worry and wait, as you will receive the admissions decision in due time.

It’s been 12 weeks for me now and my status is still under review by the department.
Any updates guys?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #1
It’s been 12 weeks for me now and my status is still under review by the department.

You should email the department and ask about the status of your application.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #2
Any updates guys?

I am not expecting mine until late March.
You should email the department and ask about the status of your application.

Please let us know if you do!! And if you happen to come across any useful information, would really appreciate it if you could share it with us. Feeling a bit discouraged at the moment 😕
Original post by Anonymous #3
Please let us know if you do!! And if you happen to come across any useful information, would really appreciate it if you could share it with us. Feeling a bit discouraged at the moment 😕

I have emailed the department and they told me that I may need to wait till April, so I am currently just doing other things in life and trying not to think much about this- I would suggest the same to you.
Reply 11
I have emailed the department and they told me that I may need to wait till April, so I am currently just doing other things in life and trying not to think much about this- I would suggest the same to you.

good idea! we'll all find out about our decisions sooner or later no no need to fret too much
just keep expectations low honestly, its a competitive school so its alright regardless
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hello!

The department has got back to me saying that they do not longer do rolling applications but gathered field ones instead, and that PAO is processing the ones that the DC assessed on early February. Also, they said “The Department and Degree Committee have made their decisions. Things were confirmed by the Degree Committee on 20 Feb.” not very sure what the last sentence meant (whether my application or in general). Hope that helps!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello!

The department has got back to me saying that they do not longer do rolling applications but gathered field ones instead, and that PAO is processing the ones that the DC assessed on early February. Also, they said “The Department and Degree Committee have made their decisions. Things were confirmed by the Degree Committee on 20 Feb.” not very sure what the last sentence meant (whether my application or in general). Hope that helps!
Thanks for sharing this and good luck! I hope you will receive an offer and post about it here soon!

P.S. I guess they do admissions in batches from now on, as the programme’s final deadline- February 29th- is fast approaching.
Reply 14
i guess the department has completed an earlier assessment and will probably start notifying applicants sooner than later. like alexibzib said, we'll probably start hearing back last week of feb or early march, for those who applied before the December funding deadline.

good luck all of you!!! hope we all hear back positively 🙂
Reply 15
Anyone who has heard anything? It's now been exactly 12 weeks since the funding deadline. Mine still reads under review by department.
Reply 16
nope, still on department review for me too. might email them next week to check where my application is at since the website states if over 12 weeks pass then its likely your app has been placed on the reserve list
Same here! I applied the 5th of december and still under review by department.
Reply 18
oh guys i just got my rejection from camb!!
I'm not too disheartened, my expectations were pretty low from the start lol but good luck to the rest of u!!
Original post by sidtan
oh guys i just got my rejection from camb!!
I'm not too disheartened, my expectations were pretty low from the start lol but good luck to the rest of u!!
I am sorry to hear that, good luck with other applications or try again next year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending