The Student Room Group

Ask a Politics Uni Student!

Hello everyone,

I am a first year BA Social and Political Sciences student at the University of York. If anyone has any questions about studying Politics at university please feel free to ask. :smile:

This AMA uses a tag system! You can either ask a general question or tag in one of our fantastic volunteers (listed below) if you are looking for something more specific.
@CoffeeAndPolitics - 1st Year, BA Social and Political Sciences, York
@mopoke - Graduate Student, Politics and IR, Cairo

---
This AMA is part of the 'Ask a University Student 2.0' initiative. If you want to find out more about other courses or universities, please check out the main list of threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6431108
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Sweetiepie101
What kind of career prospects are there ??

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/politics - As you can see, there's a good variety of career prospects you can gain from a politics degree. :smile:
@mopoke
What are you currently doing now ?
Reply 3
Original post by Sweetiepie101
@mopoke
What are you currently doing now ?

Hi! I am currently working as a research assistant with a university in Germany as well as working as a Business Analyst at Deloitte in Egypt. I am waiting for funding decisions with regards to Georgetown, Cambridge and Oxford. Most of my experience are in the field of economic/social development with programs related to economic and youth empowerment. I was supposed to work as a program analyst for USAID, but the pandemic happened and project was canceled. Let me know if you need advice on politics graduate studies or what do you expect. I was also a double major in economics. I really love political economy and I intend to continue in the field of political economy and research. Happy to always answer your questions and sorry for the late reply! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending