The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Eat lots of meat
Nope you will be deprived of micronutrients.
Original post by 14ahussain
Hi,

I’m planning on building muscle but...

I live alone and I’m a really bad cook. Also there aren’t any nearby stores where I can buy protein rich food and I wanna build muscle. Can I just order a whey protein powder and rely on protein shakes to get my protein needs? I only have eggs which I can eat in the morning and the rest are just carbs

https://www.myprotein.com/nutrition/healthy-food-drinks/protein-foods.list

I've just been relying on quorn, beans, lentils etc from the local supermarket but you can find some additional high protein foods on MyProtein e.g. granola and peanut butter.
Reply 4
no, you need meals and vegetables to intake some microelements like creatine, iron or other something that WHEY didn't include
No you still need solid food as you will lose out on the nutritional value of micronutrients. Try to include a protein source at every meal and have a protein shake before/after gym or/and as a snack and see how you get on.
Reply 6
Original post by F12Ak
Eat lots of meat

or have 7 scoops of protein powder
Reply 7
you can just buy already seasoned meat (chicken, salmon etc) from supermarkets that you'll only need to pop in the oven for like 30mins! and then add your veg & whatever else you want. protein snacks like bars or yogurts are also an option, you don't have to rely on just protein powder.
Reply 8
Original post by 14ahussain
Hi,

I’m planning on building muscle but...

I live alone and I’m a really bad cook. Also there aren’t any nearby stores where I can buy protein rich food and I wanna build muscle. Can I just order a whey protein powder and rely on protein shakes to get my protein needs? I only have eggs which I can eat in the morning and the rest are just carbs

Eat meat, salmon, tuna and vegetables but without adding oils or butter

Latest