The Student Room Group

Disappointing Art as results

Just received my as results and my art results seem really low. I feel I put loads of effort into my coursework staying behind after class and after school to do extra work. I feel really disappointed and now i think it might jeopardise my chances of getting into university next year. It came as quite a shock to get a D grade as my teacher was alway telling me how well i was doing and was told i was at a B grade. Is there a possibility of getting all my work remarked?
Reply 1
If my friend's experience is anything to go by and you're going for an art related course, then i wouldn't worry too much about your grades in art - it seems that the portfolio is of much more importance. My aforementioned friend ended up with a D in his art A-level but is off to St Martins.
Reply 2
Im applying for a science course that requires BBC
what other AS/A levels do you do then? they probably won't care about that D in art if you're doing sayyy chem+phys+maths as well.
art is funny, did you not get a bit of a guide to what your coursework was about grade wise? i was told people usually get a grade or two lower on their exam than coursework which is 40% of AS and can really drag a grade down. consult yo' teach'
Reply 4
I was told my course work was a B grade in February so I wasnt prepared for my result at all.

Latest