The Student Room Group

HELP - CIFAS marker, getting a house for second year

If I want to get a student house with my friends for second year, will the CIFAS marker on my name be a problem? I would be getting an individual contract but sharing the house with my friends. Also, I mean I think it may be a no-brainer but I'm completely new to this situation - would I also be able to stay in the house in the summer holidays?
Thanks in advance
Original post by jayarna
If I want to get a student house with my friends for second year, will the CIFAS marker on my name be a problem? I would be getting an individual contract but sharing the house with my friends. Also, I mean I think it may be a no-brainer but I'm completely new to this situation - would I also be able to stay in the house in the summer holidays?
Thanks in advance

How old is the marker?
What was it for?
Will you have a guarantor?
Do you have a clean credit record otherwise?

Its up to the LL or agency whether to take note, but they can ignore and think they will if you have a guarantor.
Reply 2
Is this another fraud person on TSR again?

I'm seeing way too many CIFAS marker threads on here of late.
Reply 3
TATQ: Sometimes landlords/letting agencies do a credit check.

But the level of information they receive is different to that of lenders/ vetting authorities etc.

They will see payment history; CCJ's; bankruptcy information and defaults. That is it.

Not everybody sees things such as CIFAS markers
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
How old is the marker?
What was it for?
Will you have a guarantor?
Do you have a clean credit record otherwise?

Its up to the LL or agency whether to take note, but they can ignore and think they will if you have a guarantor.

1) The marker is 4 years old
2) It was a cat 6 I'm pretty sure :frown: (I was 13 and ******ed, and gave someone my card to do fraud)
3) Yes
4) Yes, nothing else bad is on it

Thank you, I'll take that into account
Reply 5
Original post by FRS500
Is this another fraud person on TSR again?

I'm seeing way too many CIFAS marker threads on here of late.

Yeah I've noticed it too, some of us were especially stupid when we were younger lol
Original post by jayarna
1) The marker is 4 years old
2) It was a cat 6 I'm pretty sure :frown: (I was 13 and ******ed, and gave someone my card to do fraud)
3) Yes
4) Yes, nothing else bad is on it

Thank you, I'll take that into account

I wouldnt worry. If they have a guarantor they wont care imo. If its 4 years then only 2 more to go.
Original post by jayarna
Yeah I've noticed it too, some of us were especially stupid when we were younger lol

If your cifa was on for four years what account are you using to recieve student finance
Reply 8
Original post by nene2468101214
If your cifa was on for four years what account are you using to recieve student finance

Monzo. I've had the account for 2 years. They didn't mind
Reply 9
Did uou manage to get the flat?
Reply 10
Original post by IMOY22
Did uou manage to get the flat?

Yep, there was zero issue.
Reply 11
Can you get an individual accom with cifas ?
Reply 12
Original post by z2no
Can you get an individual accom with cifas ?

Yeah I did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending