The Student Room Group

Cifas marker

Hey everyone,
Just looking for some help, in 2018 as a result of a very stupid thing I did, where I was mislead by a "so called friend" I was told I could easily be lent £400 if I handed him my card and details, as a result a fraudulent transaction came into my account which was £10,000 and the fraudsters had control of my account. So Halifax closed my account and I have been marked by cifas since. I've been to the police and cleared my name etc and the accepted I was not intentially involved in any of the activity. Yes I accept I was naive and stupid, I do have a disability to. I havent managed to get the marker removed. I have an account with monzo which is all fine but just wondering as its been almost 6 years will the marker just drop off or will I need to ask for it to be removed again? As I'm looking to apply for my first mortgage soon? Any help would be appreciated
It should drop off automatically. I believe there is a request form on the CIFAS website where you will be able to confirm the date where it will be lifted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending