The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Uni's got me in a Catch-22!

Hey, I've got a bit of a problem! I've got a HNC in Aeronautical Engineering with a B grade. Glasgow Uni's offer was for me to get an A. I found out i got a B back in May and phoned to tell them the news and they said they'd prob still let me in with that but had to wait to get everyone elses results in come August. Scottish results came out on the 4th, its now the 25th and track still says conditional.

I've since found out that my tutor had not submitted my result because he thought i wanted to do the resit to try and get an A. Thing is, if my tutor goes ahead an submits the B, i can't do the resit, but if i don't submit and do the resit, i don't get to go to uni until sept 09.

The admissions guy for engineering at Glasgow isn't taking phone calls and he isn't answering his emails either so i can't even get any info from the uni, why can't they just tell me if i'm in or not without actually submitting the B, that way if i'm in everything is fine and if i'm not at least i get to do the resit and try and get the A.

Clearing for Glasgow uni has now closed. I've still got conditional which must mean that there is still a place for me?! I got an email saying the uni needs the result by the 31st August...I so don't understand, all i seem to know is i'm in this awful catch-22 situation and i feel soooo nauseous!

Sorry bout the length, thanks for reading and your replies are GREATLY appreciated!

Chris
Try not to worry.

Uni's, although fundamentally a business, also tend to take a fairly lenient approach with students - they realise that not everyone will go straight through the system.

If you cant get in contact, keep trying - leave a message so you can also say that you have been trying (although I would say that anyway :smile: )
Chances are, when you finally get through they will be able to help you out.
Deadlines are deadlines, but most universities apply some grey matter and realise that they need to expect that some wont be able to make it :smile:

Most will sympathise and help you work with, or outside of the system - whichever will work :wink:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Latest

Trending

Trending