The Student Room Group

glasgow law 2024

hey everyone I just wanted to ask you guys something..

So glasgow law was one of my applications on UCAS, and I had thought they required the LNAT before because its what I read online, and also it is on the list of unis you check when you sign up for the LNAT. But the thing is, I got an offer from them before I took the test? I was so shocked because I didn't know decisions could come out so quickly LOL
anyways has this happened to anyone else? do they just not need the LNAT anymore? is it now an optional thing? thanks guys
Reply 1
when did you send your application?
Reply 2
Original post by claideueueue

So glasgow law was one of my applications on UCAS, and I had thought they required the LNAT before because its what I read online, and also it is on the list of unis you check when you sign up for the LNAT. But the thing is, I got an offer from them before I took the test? I was so shocked because I didn't know decisions could come out so quickly LOL
anyways has this happened to anyone else? do they just not need the LNAT anymore? is it now an optional thing? thanks guys

did you apply for Scotts law or common law?
Original post by wien,wien
when did you send your application?

13th october (last friday)
Original post by ciabatta1
did you apply for Scotts law or common law?

i applied for common law!
Wait I’m considering swapping York to Glasgow then

Are you an international student? It shouldn’t really make any difference because if they want the LNAT they want it, but the increased fees international students bring are usually enticing to universities tbh. It’s a known fact that a) Scottish students don’t pay uni fees & b) English students pay £9250 pa which unis say isn’t enough to cover their course so they use international fees to subsidise that.
Having said that it definitely states they require the LNAT so I would email to ask for clarification. The offer might be subject to satisfactory score in the LNAT as well as your other exams. I’m not familiar with law at Scottish universities, but it seems an odd way to do it. Definitely get clarification so you know.
Original post by Squashysalmon
Wait I’m considering swapping York to Glasgow then

Just be aware that Common Law at Glasgow is 4 years as opposed to 3 at York (or other English unis). So that might or might not be an issue for you. They definitely do want the LNAT as it’s on their entry requirements this year, so the OP is going to need to seek clarification (suspect offer is subject to doing satisfactorily in LNAT). The only uni I know that recently dropped the LNAT was Uni of Nottingham last entry year. But they’ve put their grades up for this year to A*AA from AAA as a result.
Tbh York is one of the better RG Unis that still asks for AAA. But they do tend to offer late as they wait until they get all offers in for equal consideration before starting to review them. It was around March last year when online self assessments started going out by email (which you had to watch, answer a question & then reply to) they then sent out offers a few days afterwards.
Reply 8

hey well done!! what predicted grades did u apply with?
Reply 9
Hey guys,
I just got an offer from glasgow for common law, but it tells me that ;'plus LNAT score that meets acceptable minimum score threshold. The deadline to take the LNAT is 30 June 2024." I already took my LNAT and got a 22 , how do I know if I have an offer or not ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending