The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow university grading system

The 22-point system, does it apply to all exams into 4th year? If so I’m a little bit worried considering 68% is the lowest you can get to achieve a 2:1.
I’ve read it’s uncommon for that to be the case for most other unis in Scotland.
is there a reason for this to be the case? Are the exams easier?
The 22-point system doesn't convert into percentages like that. Common mistake, I did it as well during my time there!

See Pg 12 of the Guide to the Code of Assessment (2023) to see the conversion scheme for percentage marking. You will find that the bands are in line with other Scottish universities.
(edited 4 months ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by 1582
The 22-point system doesn't convert into percentages like that. Common mistake, I did it as well during my time there!

See Pg 12 of the Guide to the Code of Assessment (2023) to see the conversion scheme for percentage marking. You will find that the bands are in line with other Scottish universities.

I did think so, I stumbled across what you mentioned while trying to read as much as I could about it- trying not to worry about it. I got a grade back today; 78% and so the way my grade was calculated was as 78% of 22, 17 which is a B1. Is this normal for most subjects?
Thank you for your response!
If the percentage appeared due to TurnItIn I would say ignore it and focus only on the 22-point system grade. This was what my lectures would tell us to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending