The Student Room Group

Is international relations a proper degree?

Is it? Or is politics a better option?
Yes, of course :smile:! You could always combine it with Politics or History if that’s your taste, but it’s still a ‘proper’ degree...you can go into teaching, diplomatic services. journalism/broadcasting, government social research, working as a solicitor, etc. I guess it depends what career you’re aspiring for!
What do you mean by a "proper" degree?
Reply 3
Yes its a "real" degree. As to which one you want to take? Makes little as no difference to be honest, bar some very specific examples. It would rather depend if you intend to try and use it i.e. think tanks, defence policy, diplomacy etc. etc.

Basically, do which ever you're more interested in.
Original post by hollyoaks678

Hey @hollyoaks678! :smile:

I've just graduated from studying International Relations and Politics :smile:

As already mentioned what do you mean by 'proper'?

Regarding which one is better, they are very similar and many modules overlap (here anyway). I'd recommend looking at course info and looking at the units which you will be studying to see which stand out to you, also, have you considered joint honours?

Courtney -- Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by hollyoaks678

Hi @hollyoaks678

As previously mentioned, it depends on what you mean by "proper degree"

Here at Hull, we offer a variety of different Politics and International studies courses at Hull. We also have Ask a Student available in which you can chat with one of our BA Politics and International Relations student.

Hope this helps

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending