The Student Room Group

Computer science a level nea help

For my project I’m creating a fitness program, where you register with your details, (which are saved allowing you to log in, in the future), and then your bought to the main menu where you can calculate your BMI, or generate a workout plan based on answers to questions. Sl far my documentation is like 25 pages on google docs and I have no idea what to add or do I haven’t finished my evaluation yet but I dealt that will be like 100 pages
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Usually in documentation, you’ll have interface designs, testing strategy, and a load of waffle.
Original post by Harv2k3
For my project I’m creating a fitness program, where you register with your details, (which are saved allowing you to log in, in the future), and then your bought to the main menu where you can calculate your BMI, or generate a workout plan based on answers to questions. But I am screwed because so far my documentation is like 25 pages on google docs and I have no idea what to add or do I haven’t finished my evaluation yet but I dealt that will be like 100 pages

What exam board are you with?
The specification for that board will tell you what you need to include.
EG For AQA you need Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Evaluations sections; the spec tells you what examiners expect to see in each section.
Essentially, because your computing project isn't submitted digitally, your document is the evidence that it works. So, your Analysis must lead logically to your Design choices, which lead logically to your programmed solution.

Your Analysis will have Objectives (SMART: Specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-bound) for your project which you've developed after gathering info from potential users and reviewing similar products.
Your Design will use the Analysis objectives to plan how the program will be build eg if you have a database back end for your members then it will show normalized ER diagrams. It should include a systems flow chart / hierarchy chart of the whole modular system, and algorithms for all your coplex processes.
Your Testing will show your system works - a table of tests with expected results and actual results give, cross-referenced to screen shots of output for the tests. Focus on tests that show the complex bits working eg don't show tests for every button click, but do show tests for calculation algorithms or SQL calls outputting the correct results.
The Implementation is a printout of all your code, preferably commented, but with maybe a heading above each block to say what it's purpose is and how it links to the rest.
Your Evaluation is where you say what went well, show your Objectives were achieved, include feedback from an end user who really has tested it, and discuss how you would extend it if you had more time... if the program is extendable that suggests is it more complex than one that is really finite.

I hope some of this helps, but do shout if you need.
I know its a bit late but for anyone else the 'Tacking A Level Projects AQA 7517' book is linked here if you don't have it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vqVlTPsNatS-cxcHzXM_NpCq7F66YjkI/view?usp=sharing
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Harv2k3
For my project I’m creating a fitness program, where you register with your details, (which are saved allowing you to log in, in the future), and then your bought to the main menu where you can calculate your BMI, or generate a workout plan based on answers to questions. So far my documentation is like 25 pages on google docs and I have no idea what to add or do I haven’t finished my evaluation yet but I dealt that will be like 100 pages

how many marks did you get? and is it cool if you can share your documentation or the code itself
Reply 5
did you receive the code or have you done it for this project as I am also doing this project and I am stuck and wanted an example to see. If possible could I please see the code
Original post by archaeological-h
how many marks did you get? and is it cool if you can share your documentation or the code itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending