The Student Room Group

Driving test at Glasgow (Shieldhall Test center)

Hello Guys,
I hope you all are doing well.

I have my driving test coming up on 29th June in Shieldhall test center in Glasgow. Reading the google reviews for this test center really scares me out. I have had 14 hours of session with my driving instructor and i have around 10 yrs of driving experience in India.

Can you someone who has recently taken test in this center comment how was the experience ? Also looks like this test center has one super strict examiner [ R****t ] how was your experience with him.

Thanks,
Satya
Hi Satya, how did your test go? I have mine at Shieldhall test centre next week and am quite nervous about it. I too have seen the reviews. Scary stuff!
Everything in Shieldhall gets bad reviews... everything

I flat out refused to sit my test in Glasgow and went to Hamilton
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort

I was the same except I went to Airdrie.. driving in Glasgow was stressful enough never mind for my test.
Original post by StriderHort

Lol. Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better
Dreading it if I am honest and the fact you have to wait months for a resit makes it harder.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kitkat 007
Dreading it if I am honest and the fact you have to wait months for a resit makes it harder.

Honestly, in terms of actual driving it's prob no worse than most others. (I used to work out of the local council depot so just hate the whole place :tongue:) Keep your cool and keep your patience and I'm sure you'll be ok :smile:
Reply 7
I wouldn't feel so bad about going there, they've conducted 19,441 tests in the last 4 years and only recieved 25 reviews below 4 stars in the same period. So only 0.12% of people were upset enough to leave a bad review.
Reply 8
Did you pass?
Just thought I would update you guys. Passed this morning with 5 minors. It's still not sank in yet .
Original post by Kitkat 007
Just thought I would update you guys. Passed this morning with 5 minors. It's still not sank in yet .

Nicely Done :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by anon100!
I was the same except I went to Airdrie.. driving in Glasgow was stressful enough never mind for my test.

Hey how was Airdrie?
I’ve got my test there soon
Reply 12
I passed my test in airdrie first time in September 2022. I had a test route that I'd never been on before and was terrified. Honestly the main thing is that you know how to drive. Don't worry about what route you get. I just kept telling myself that I didn't care whether I passed or failed and that helped calm my nerves. Also my examiner was lovely and talked to me throughout the test which also helped me relax a wee bit. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Sanap45
Hey how was Airdrie?
Reply 13
Original post by Sanap45
Hey how was Airdrie?

I passed first time in September 2022! I found that it was quite easy, I also had a route I had never done before and I passed with two minors. Don't worry so much on the route of the test, just make sure your observations are on point and you will be all good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending