The Student Room Group

Free phone ???

I really need to get a free phone. I am broke (no job) so I can't afford one.
I have seen some online shopping websites and I found some free phones, and I will only have to pay a small shipping fee. Is this a scam?/ do you know of any website where I can find free stuffs?
Original post by Anonymous
I have seen some online shopping websites and I found some free phones, and I will only have to pay a small shipping fee. Is this a scam?/ do you know of any website where I can find free stuffs?

Yeah that sounds like a scam, unfortunately there aren’t many real places that will hand out free phones. What do you need a free phone for anyway
Reply 2
Likely a scam but its hard to say without seeing them.
If memory serves there do tend to be some charities that sometimes give them out to the needy (ex work phones and such)
It might be worth checking on some of those fb groups, classifieds etc. as sometimes youll find nice people giving away their unused ones. If memory serves things like 'freecycle.org' might be of use.
Original post by Anonymous

Yeaaaa it’s probably a scam they will list it as ‘free’ but then they will probably make you pay ridiculous amounts of money monthly,It’s not worth it.
Original post by Napp
Likely a scam but its hard to say without seeing them.
If memory serves there do tend to be some charities that sometimes give them out to the needy (ex work phones and such)
It might be worth checking on some of those fb groups, classifieds etc. as sometimes youll find nice people giving away their unused ones. If memory serves things like 'freecycle.org' might be of use.

No it’s a scam it’s done with clothes AirPods you name it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending