The Student Room Group

Using my second phone as a "secret main phone" at university.

Wasn't sure what to call the title but I'm going to explain.

I do love my family and friends but I'm the complete opposite of them, I like to lead a private life and a drama free life as well. I'm not on any social media and won't be joining anytime soon.

The issue is my family and friends LOVE drama. My sisters will join any group chat to argue or "beef" with people as they say who are against their friends. I'm not friends with any of their friends but I do know some of them and don't mind seeing some of them but there's quite a few who I'd rather personally not see or meet.

Everyday my sisters send me messages to try and send me messages of what's going on, they do know I don't like it and I've told them loads of times I'm not interested but they continue to do so.

I recently decided to upgrade my phone and I got a new phone contract. I personally didn't know what to do with my second phone like sell it or keep it as it's 6 years old but works fine. With the new phone it came with a new sim number but I had a thought.

I was thinking of using the new sim number on my old phone and use my phone as a main phone during the days I'm at university, if I bring the phone I have family contacts on which is the new one I feel like I will be distracted and this will have an impact on my studies.

When I'm not at university I will use the new phone to contact family members, unless it's exam period and then I'll use the old one whilst studying so I won't have stress. As I mentioned I have told my sisters that I don't want to hear it and that I'm not interested but they keep doing it. I've also told friends some stopped, some are continuing to.

I would love to know your thoughts. I want to know if this is a good idea or not or are there any other ways etc.
If that's what you think is best for you then go for it. You could also mute all your family chats and hide their notifications while allowing other notifications to show up. That way you won't be distracted by your family and can open those chats whenever you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending