The Student Room Group

cs at university without a maths a-level?

next year I might go to uni to study cs butso far what I've seen requires a maths a-level... which i don't have. Mostly because I only got a 5 at GCSE. Is there still a chance for me to be able to take it anyway? I'm predicted a B at the moment so do i just need to study harder to make myself look better or should I look into alternative options?
Original post by lonetoblerone
next year I might go to uni to study cs butso far what I've seen requires a maths a-level... which i don't have. Mostly because I only got a 5 at GCSE. Is there still a chance for me to be able to take it anyway? I'm predicted a B at the moment so do i just need to study harder to make myself look better or should I look into alternative options?

what are your full expected a level grades and subjects and would you consider a foundation year?
Original post by claireestelle
what are your full expected a level grades and subjects and would you consider a foundation year?

B for computer science, B for economics and A for psychology. Taking a foundation year might also be a good option
B for computer science, B for economics and A for psychology. Taking a foundation year might also be a good option

I think you should be able to find plenty of foundation years to apply to.

Hi @lonetoblerone

We offer Computer Science at Hull.
Our applicants should have GCSE Maths at Grade 4 or C or above.
our entry requirements are 112 UCAS points (BBC), with at least 80 UCAS points being made up from the following:
A levels
BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma

CACHE Diploma or Extended Diploma
Irish Leaving Certificate
Scottish Highers
Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
or a combination of appropriate Level 3 qualifications

If you are worried, I would advise getting in contact with admissions tutors who will be in the best position to advise you.

If you're interested in studying CS and would like to know more about studying CS at Hull, we have an Ask a Student chat service available through our website. There you will be able to ask questions about the course, the students experience and they may be able to answer any questions which you may have

Hope this helps
Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

any uni that allows this isn't a real uni but a scam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending