The Student Room Group

London Universities

I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm currently exploring options for universities in London and was wondering if you have any recommendations. I'm particularly interested in finding universities that don't require a 6 in math but are still considered decent.
Original post by ghggh
I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm currently exploring options for universities in London and was wondering if you have any recommendations. I'm particularly interested in finding universities that don't require a 6 in math but are still considered decent.

The GCSE Maths requirement will vary by course. What course are you hoping to study?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The GCSE Maths requirement will vary by course. What course are you hoping to study?
Computer science sorry I forgot to mention that
Original post by ghggh
Computer science sorry I forgot to mention that
Computer science is a Maths heavy course and in many universities it is basically a Maths degree. Most leading universities require grade A at A level. Below that a higher grade at GCSE Maths is sometimes accepted. If you dont have at least grade 6 you will struggle to find a decent university. You might be better looking for a different subject.

I prepared this list a few years ago of universities of universities not at the time requiring A levels for CS and their GCSE requirements.

Computer Science without A Level Maths

Aberystwyth grade C or4 GCSE
Aston grade 4 GCSE
Cardiff grade 6 GCSE
East Anglia grade 5 GCSE. Accepts A level in Computing Science and other subjects
Keele grade 4 GCSE
Kent grade 4 GCSE
Lancaster grade 6 GCSE
Leeds grade 6 GCSE Accepts Computing
Liverpool grade 4 GCSE Accepts Computer science
Newcastle grade 6 GCSE
Nottingham grade 5 Accepts Computing
Queen Mary grade 5 Accepts Computer Science
Reading Maths, Physics or Computer Science grade 6
Royal Holloway grade 6 accepts CS, Maths or Physics
Sussex grade 6
Swansea grade 6 in Maths or Physics