The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Anyone going to west London university?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILoveSunsets
Good to hear! Hope you do well.
Can't believe it's been a year since I graduated time has gone too quick.

Thank you 😊 what have you been doing since you've graduated
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Original post by Starlight15
Thank you 😊 what have you been doing since you've graduated

Yw x honestly been struggling with what to do. Been doing different types of work e.g. crèche, play worker.
I applied to a maternity support worker role and speech and language therapy assistant role.
Got offered both but I took the speech and language therapy assistant job. I work in NHS hospital/nurseries/centres working with children with communication problems/autism and I'm really enjoying it. Everything I learnt in the special educational needs module has really helped me be confident in my role.
Yw x honestly been struggling with what to do. Been doing different types of work e.g. crèche, play worker.
I applied to a maternity support worker role and speech and language therapy assistant role.
Got offered both but I took the speech and language therapy assistant job. I work in NHS hospital/nurseries/centres working with children with communication problems/autism and I'm really enjoying it. Everything I learnt in the special educational needs module has really helped me be confident in my role.

But that's good though as you had lots of experience working working with children with a variety of needs
Yes it is. Also got offered a full induction and training programme so I wasnt just thrown into the deep end ☺️ I definitely don't want to work in a nursery anymore but still would like to work with kids
Yes it is. Also got offered a full induction and training programme so I wasnt just thrown into the deep end ☺️ I definitely don't want to work in a nursery anymore but still would like to work with kids

Yep same with me, I'm currently working in multiple settings with children

Dat sounds interesting!
I want to look into private tutoring or still work in hospitals bt not as a maternity support worker anymore as its getting boring.
I will look into this career. I hv also seen some jobs advertised at Great Ormond Street hospital on NHS website for bank playworkers. Might apply 4 this and see what its like whilst doing my degree.
Maybe do a PGCE in future.

Been trying 2 find a part time job in primary schools but all of them r for full time. Luckily, I can go bk 2 my maternity support worker job as bank staff.
I have been offered a part time job at a creche/nursery in Virgin Active Gym to fit around uni. Can't wait 2 graduate and do my PGCE :smile: i rlly want 2 work in primary school. I luv the environment.
Original post by Childcare_Kellie
Been trying 2 find a part time job in primary schools but all of them r for full time. Luckily, I can go bk 2 my maternity support worker job as bank staff.
I have been offered a part time job at a creche/nursery in Virgin Active Gym to fit around uni. Can't wait 2 graduate and do my PGCE :smile: i rlly want 2 work in primary school. I luv the environment.

How is your course going?
What is it like working with Virgin Active creche? I have seen a couple of vacancies pop near South West London.
My job role as speech and language therapy contract ends in summer so I am trying to find somewhere else.
Have been applying to so many NHS jobs and have secured some interviews.
I might try apply to Virgin Active creche too :smile:

How is post grad life going? :smile:
Reply 189
Original post by Avi2203
Hey, I'm studying recording mixing and production with a foundation year, move in on the 19th

Starting similar course in Sept. What's the best place to live in first year? Just want to be in a hall with decent people!
How is post grad life going? :smile:

Hey, I've applied for PGCE Primary (3 to 7) for September 2023 I've applied to roehapton, Goldsmith, ucl and london met
Original post by Childcare_Kellie

Have you done your PGCE
Hey, I've applied for PGCE Primary (3 to 7) for September 2023 I've applied to roehapton, Goldsmith, ucl and london met

Oh wow that is amazing. Best of luck with your course.
I have finished my contract job within NHS.
I am now going to volunteer as playworker in a local hospital to me for 6 months whilst working.
Oh wow that is amazing. Best of luck with your course.
I have finished my contract job within NHS.
I am now going to volunteer as playworker in a local hospital to me for 6 months whilst working.

Nice! Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending