The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Official University of the Arts London 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jay.Patrickkk
Hey! That’s amazing, i also got an offer from Manchester Met for Fashion Marketing :smile: Whats the course you’ve been given an offer for?

Hey i'm sending my application off today well done! If you don't mind me asking what predicted grades do you have for them to give you an offer?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by sylvia_lao2
Hey same, though im absouluty terrified that they won't accept me :frown: .good luck to you though I'm sure you'll do really great.

what makes you say that? i'm sure you'll be given an offer
if you don't mind me asking, whats your predicted grades? (or actual grades if you've already sat the exam) xx
I’m predicted an ABD so my D is letting me down really :frown:
Original post by sylvia_lao2
I’m predicted an ABD so my D is letting me down really :frown:

Try not to focus on that too much!
If theyre only predicted grades, you might still get a conditional offer with conditions being you pass all subjects. And come results day, if you didn't quite pass that subject, I'm sure they would consider a near miss, especially when your other two grades are fantastic :smile:
Plus you'd have the UCAS points
I'm optimistic for you, I'm sure you'll get an offer :smile:
Let me know how it goes hun!
Thank you! For all the positive energy I’ll try and stay positive and hopefully we’ll be there together! I’m optimistic for you too.
Hi everyone my name is Usman im applying for the fashion journalism BA from the UK. Anyone wanna talk about portfolios because im kinda stuck lol
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of the Arts London for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hey I’m Kirsty & I’ve applied to study fashion styling & Production at LCF. they’ve requested a portfolio so that’s good, hopefully ill be shortlisted for the interview process. Is anyone else going to be studying at LCF in 2021?
Hey Kirsty how long after u sent ur application did they ask for your portfolio?
Original post by oooobooooooo
Hey Kirsty how long after u sent ur application did they ask for your portfolio?

Hey, I applied on Monday & today they sent me the request
Original post by Ikirstyy
Hey, I applied on Monday & today they sent me the request

how long do they give u to send a portfolio
Original post by cryingchild
how long do they give u to send a portfolio

For me, they said that my deadline is November 20th, anything after that would be considered a late application but if there is space, the application could be still be looked at & considered.
Reply 31
For me, they said that my deadline is November 20th, anything after that would be considered a late application but if there is space, the application could be still be looked at & considered.

My deadline was Nov 12, do you have your interview scheduled? Also what program did you apply for?
Original post by scp1421
My deadline was Nov 12, do you have your interview scheduled? Also what program did you apply for?

If you submitted an application before me I think that’s why your deadline was sooner but I applied this Monday. I have just submitted my portfolio today so I’m now waiting to hear back from them, I applied for BA Fashion Styling & Production, what about you?

when did u apply and when did u get the offer ??? im just tryna see roughly how long it can take for me haha
Original post by cryingchild
when did u apply and when did u get the offer ??? im just tryna see roughly how long it can take for me haha

I applied just on Monday & I haven’t received an offer yet, I received a portfolio request on Friday
I applied just on Monday & I haven’t received an offer yet, I received a portfolio request on Friday

ohhhhh okay thank u
I've applied for fashion history at CSM so slightly different ... just had to submit a 800 word essay to prove my aptitude for fashion, I really hope I get my offer because the grades would be an amazing insurance choice !!
Original post by saffronbluebell
I've applied for fashion history at CSM so slightly different ... just had to submit a 800 word essay to prove my aptitude for fashion, I really hope I get my offer because the grades would be an amazing insurance choice !!

good luck!!
Original post by saffronbluebell

Hey @saffronbluebell,

I'm a 2nd year student on the Fashion History and Theory BA at CSM so if you have any questions regarding the course then please do not hesitate to ask.

Good Luck!

Kindest,

Tegan :smile:
UAL Student Rep
Original post by miloblanchard
hi, new to the thread, i'm milo and i'm looking to apply for fashion jewellery at LCF, currently preparing my portfolio. I'd hugely appreciate any advice for my application.

My current plan for my portfolio is:
2 silver ring projects that will include illustrations of inspiration, modelling, and final products.
2 album cover projects I was commissioned to do that both involved some 3D work.
1 silver necklace project, this was purely aesthetics based without much research of referencing however.
And 1 work-in-progress project in which I have come up with a character who is decorated with different forms of jewellery, I'll hopefully get to a modelling stage.
I was also thinking of including a DT carpentry project in which I made a chair I'm really quite proud of, not sure if it is worth putting in tho as I haven't got any of the research or initial illustrations saved.

Does this sound sufficient? Or am I unlikely to get in and should maybe prepare for 2022 application instead.. super anxious!! would massively appreciate any advice

Also, I was planning to apply just for the deadline, as this gives me enough time to finish my portfolio, will this set me back?

Hi @miloblanchard,

First of all super cool that you're thinking of applying to LCF's fashion jewellery course, good luck!

The course team are looking for students who can demonstrate:

- The ability to work in 3D and have the aptitude to develop skills for manipulation of materials
- A range of drawing skills and a commitment to using drawing and colour as a communication tool
- An understanding of research and how it underpins the design process
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, linked with an enquiring and innovative approach to study
- An interest in fashion jewellery and commitment to professional self-development, including independent learning

I recommend you bear these points in mind when compiling your portfolio. It sounds like you already have some great projects that you plan to put it in. Also make sure you can comfortably and passionately talk about everything you include. Tutors really want to see your confidence in your own work.

If you don't feel ready to apply for the course this year then you could always do an art foundation first? Let me know if this is something you're interested in and I can give your information of the two foundations we offer at UAL.

It doesn't matter when you make your application as long as it is before the deadline.

Please do not hesitate to ask any further questions.

Kindest,

Tegan :smile:
UAL Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending