The Student Room Group

UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2021 **Official Thread**

Hey!

Are you applying to university?

Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying.

If you can't find your chat make a new thread here and tag in StrawberryDreams! If you have already made a chat and it's not listed here, please tag me into and I'll add it in! Chats with a link will be blue with a >>, if you can't click yours then it hasn't been made yet.

Application details ice-breaker questions

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with. Below is a list of subject and university-specific group chats/application threads which you might like to get involved in. Click +Show next to the letter your uni starts with below and the links will appear:

University Applicant Threads:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

WXYZ

Universities outside the UK:
Hong Kong >>
Ireland > >
USA/Ivy League >>
Canada >>
Australia >>
Netherlands >>
Bocconi
PPLE at University of Amsterdam

Other:
Teacher Training>>
Disabled Students >>
Mature Students >>
Italian Applicants >>
Canadian Applicants >>

Subject Applicant Threads:
All med school applicant threads can be found here >>

ABC

DEFGHI

JKLMNO

Materials Science & Engineering and Metallurgy >>
Mathematics >>
Mechanical Engineering >>
Medicine >>
Medicine (Graduate entry)
Midwifery >>
Modern Languages >>
Natural Sciences >>
Neuroscience >>
Nursing >>
Nutrition >>
Occupational Therapy >>
Operating Department Practice >>
Optometry >>

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am also happy to be tagged to help with anything. :smile: @04MR17

If you're creating an applicants thread please put a link to this thread in your first post so that other users can find the threads for their other unis. :wink:
(edited 3 years ago)
UCAS applications for 2021 entry are now open!!! :eek: Once you've submitted your application, hop over to the Fastest & Slowest thread to let us know how things are getting along.

Most applicants: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6680478
MBBS/MBChB: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6654034

Remember, the usual undergraduate deadlines still apply this year:
6 p.m. on 1 October 2020 for Music applications through UCAS Conservatoires.
6 p.m. on 15 October 2020 for all Dentistry, Medicine and Veterinary Medicine/Science courses, as well as every programme at the universities of Cambridge and Oxford.
6 p.m. 15 January 2021 for equal consideration to all other programmes/universities.
6 p.m. 30 June 2021 --- applications after this date automatically enter Clearing.

Best wishes to everyone applying for place at university for next year!
(edited 3 years ago)
What university is everyone thinking of applying in January???
Let me know to see if we are going to the same one.
I'm applying to the University of Bedfordshire, City University of London, London Metropolitan University, and the University of West London.
Original post by Nicole.200211
What university is everyone thinking of applying in January???
Let me know to see if we are going to the same one.
I'm applying to the University of Bedfordshire, City University of London, London Metropolitan University, and the University of West London.

Hiya, I've merged your thread with this other one intended for people applying to university for 2021 entry. See the Original Post for how you can set up applicants' threads for each of your unis. :biggrin:
Hey everyone! :smile: I have just completed my first year in Social Work at Wrexham Glyndwr University. I am loving it and it is really exciting to see all the forums for new starters this term. If anyone is going through the clearing process and needs some advice, then please do feel free to ask! Hope you all got the results you wanted... but if not, remember don't give up, you can achieve what you put your mind to and a lot of Universities are very supportive with guiding you through all your options :smile:
Hey! I made an official chat for History 2021 entry :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6606530
there’s a face book group for oxford applicants - called Oxford Applicants 2021 Entry
Original post by 04MR17
Already in. :bl:

Awesome, thank you :smile:
I'll be applying for fashion design at Kingston, Westminister, UAL and UCA (hopefully going to UAL). I'm currently taking a UAL level 3 extended diploma in fashion and textiles and I'm predicted a distiction. At GCSE I got 8, 7, 7, 7, 6, 5, 4 and an a*. I've volunteered at a charity before and I'm currently running my own online store :smile:
Reply 13
I passed an ABRSM G6 exam in October 2018 with a score of 127/150. Should I declare it on UCAS? It has this option.
Original post by 8013
I passed an ABRSM G6 exam in October 2018 with a score of 127/150. Should I declare it on UCAS? It has this option.
Yes, T&Cs say you must declare all qualifications :yep:
There is a UCL thread already - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6473144

However, it was created 3 months ago and isn't particularly alive... :wink: It hasn't been made official yet.

Spoiler

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6660584&p=90651592#post90651592

I created a KCL thread (hopefully there already isn't one from 4 months ago that just doesn't show up on search :biggrin:)!
Hey everyone
I hope to apply to Warwick, east anglia, oxford brookes, Lancaster and queen mary
Hi!

I'm looking to start studying criminology in 2021! I have chosen Lancaster, Bangor, Loughborough, York and portsmouth uni's if anyone is applying there? Also if there are any groups please let me know! (message me/ask for socials)
Original post by katie130
Hi!

I'm looking to start studying criminology in 2021! I have chosen Lancaster, Bangor, Loughborough, York and portsmouth uni's if anyone is applying there? Also if there are any groups please let me know! (message me/ask for socials)

Hi,

If you search Facebook then there are plenty of messenger/WhatsApp groups for each university!

Good luck!

Marlena - Official Student Rep :smile:

Latest