The Student Room Group

how to feel happier

pls someone give me a step by step guide lol
I'm a bit stressed cuz i hv so much work and a bit insecure abt my personality +friends(i care wayyy too much abt what others think of me). any help would be appreciated (:
step one, I guess is acknowledging what is stressing you out. and accepting what work needs to be done(school wise) and accepting who you are as an individual(insecurities). Just slowly learning to love yourself. Don’t worry to much about friends, and about insecurities, u tell myself every day that what I worry about daily, others are probably worrying about to!! So they wouldn’t have the time to notice anything you notice!!
Reply 2
Original post by danielle.v.a
step one, I guess is acknowledging what is stressing you out. and accepting what work needs to be done(school wise) and accepting who you are as an individual(insecurities). Just slowly learning to love yourself. Don’t worry to much about friends, and about insecurities, u tell myself every day that what I worry about daily, others are probably worrying about to!! So they wouldn’t have the time to notice anything you notice!!

thank you very much
watch the sound of music.

(not even joking, you'll feel more confident, and ready to work)
Original post by Anonymous
pls someone give me a step by step guide lol
I'm a bit stressed cuz i hv so much work and a bit insecure abt my personality +friends(i care wayyy too much abt what others think of me). any help would be appreciated (:

Life is hard it's like a fatal disease it is a concern you have to be strong, resilient and carry on; speaking of insecurities there's something called the spotlight effect which is basically that we humans think that we walk around with a spotlight on us and everyone else is looking at what we're doing, which in reality isn't the case, as a matter of fact, no one really gives a damn what you're doing, unless that person likes you.

Excuse me if I have come across as a harsh person.
Reply 5
Original post by fallen_acorns
watch the sound of music.

(not even joking, you'll feel more confident, and ready to work)

Really? Thank you
I'll watch it tonight I think ☺️
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Life is hard it's like a fatal disease it is a concern you have to be strong, resilient and carry on; speaking of insecurities there's something called the spotlight effect which is basically that we humans think that we walk around with a spotlight on us and everyone else is looking at what we're doing, which in reality isn't the case, as a matter of fact, no one really gives a damn what you're doing, unless that person likes you.

Excuse me if I have come across as a harsh person.

No u have not comes across harsh. Your reply was very useful thank youu
Yes I agree with the spotlight thing.. tysm
Very odd approach but read through at least;

The universe is gigantic, too big for the human brain to comprehend. We are based on a tiny planet, in a tiny solar system, in what we call the observable universe. There is so much out there that we have literally no idea about, how long its been there, forms of life and such.
It's sometimes good to realise that we are absolutely meaningless in the course of the universe, whatever we do with our lives - will make 0 effect on anything significant.
People argue with me on this, they say our Earth is important, which I agree with but the chances are that our species will die out by the time anyone even knows we were here.
Take this information of being completely meaningless and insignificant, and understand that the actions you take will not effect the universe in any way. I live by the simple rule of, if I am not hurting anyone else, then I am free to do whatever I please. Peoples opinions are insignificant, live for what you want. Live for what makes you happy.

Do you best to enjoy life because ultimately in 150 years time, the chances are that no one will know who you are or what you did with your life; so stop living under the pressure of others.

A lot harder to put into action that it is to say, I understand. But do everything you can to be happy while you're here, we're extremely lucky!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending