The Student Room Group

I'm 28 and single.

I've been single for 5 months - my last relationship was 3 years and ended because I simply didn't see a future with him.

I'm back at my parents at the moment as I'm looking for new jobs/accommodation and I don't know how long that may take but I'm feeling worried I'm missing out on meeting the one.

All my friends are settled/living together and I don't want to miss the boat.

I'm just 28!

Some advice please!
Original post by daisymay1996
I've been single for 5 months - my last relationship was 3 years and ended because I simply didn't see a future with him.
I'm back at my parents at the moment as I'm looking for new jobs/accommodation and I don't know how long that may take but I'm feeling worried I'm missing out on meeting the one.
I'm just 28!
Some advice please!
Im similar age and have never been in a relationship as ive always been career focused and focused on other things. It does not matter what age you are or your consequences. There are people much older and have been in many relationships but how happy are they?
Original post by daisymay1996
I'm just 28!
Some advice please!

Focus on yourself not what others say. Its never too late to do anything. Your still young.

In this day and age people dont even settle down before their late 20s etc.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Im similar age and have never been in a relationship as ive always been career focused and focused on other things. It does not matter what age you are or your consequences. There are people much older and have been in many relationships but how happy are they?

"There are people much older and have been in many relationships but how happy are they?"

Pretty happy, experienced and fulfilled probably?
Original post by StriderHort
"There are people much older and have been in many relationships but how happy are they?"
Pretty happy, experienced and fulfilled probably?
My point being everyone finds happiness/love at different times. It does not matter how old you are or how many relationships you have been in.
Original post by Anonymous #1
My point being everyone finds happiness/love at different times. It does not matter how old you are or how many relationships you have been in.

That's what I'm saying though, I kind of disagree and feel it matters at least a bit. For one thing its a skill set that has to be developed and failure experienced to grow, starting late from square 1 puts you at a disadvantage like any other social skill. And, well, to be blunt its kind of nice to have at least some sexual experiences before both your bodies start going to hell through age and wear.

In essence I feel people who have loved and lost will be happier than those who haven't taken part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending