The Student Room Group

Missed my Oxbridge/Russell Group offer

I missed my offer for Cambridge undergrad and it has been heartbreaking. How is everyone feeling about missing their Oxbridge/Russell Group offer? Use this as a place of refuge lol. :smile:
Reply 1
I just missed my Cambridge offer and honestly it was really hard when I first found out, but I'm actually feeling a lot better now. My insurance choice was still a really good uni and some of my teachers joked to me that I'll probably have a much happier, less stressful life, while still being able to do just as well, so I hope it starts feeling easier for you as well <3
Original post by aarynmb
I just missed my Cambridge offer and honestly it was really hard when I first found out, but I'm actually feeling a lot better now. My insurance choice was still a really good uni and some of my teachers joked to me that I'll probably have a much happier, less stressful life, while still being able to do just as well, so I hope it starts feeling easier for you as well <3

Yh for me it was the same. It took me a while to process what had happened. But I think I'm getting better now. I hope it all goes well for you as well.
Reply 3
Don't worry people, in a few years time when you both graduate with firsts:wink: you won't even look back. I know it's cliché, but, everything truly, does happen for a reason, you know. It is hard though for real; that prestige of saying that "I go to Cambridge" may prop up for a while but, in the grand scheme of things; it won't matter. Life's too short to be so overworked in your younger years aha. Me personally I was actually rejected by all 5 universities that I applied to, for economics. But there's always an alternative, trust you'll be happier in the institution that you go to💫💯
Reply 4
Original post by Absalom_Heller
I missed my offer for Cambridge undergrad and it has been heartbreaking. How is everyone feeling about missing their Oxbridge/Russell Group offer? Use this as a place of refuge lol. :smile:

Im glad to have found this group after all of this. Honestly im still in denial and i dont know if i want to settle for my insurance uni or retake my a levels and try again. I know i could have done so much better but i feel as if my circumstances stifled me. I know we were capable of doing much better and have potential to thrive academically, i mean they gave us offers after all. I’m just so lost. I probably have adhd and well the only way i was accommodated was by getting extra time yet because i dont have an official diagnosis I couldn’t get access to meds or therapy i probably needed. I’ll always wonder what if i had the right help, could I have met my offer for hsps at gotten into cambridge 😭.
Reply 5
Original post by username5900885

Oh gosh I thought I was the only one and its oddly comforting that it happened to other people too. I achieved grades below what I was consistently getting during the whole 2 years so it was so heartbreaking to have missed that offer. Eventhough I go to a really good uni now I'd be lying if I said it didnt still impact me a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending