The Student Room Group

Feeling lost and demotivated

Ahhh I failed my driving test last week and due to the pandemic you go back to the centre as soon as you make a serious fault so I made it in the first 7 mins. I didn’t feel confident sharing how I feel about this on this forum because when I posted last time I seemed to have got criticism from a few users when I wasn’t even doing anything wrong other than sharing how I’m feeling. I feel now I can justify it now though because all I was basically saying was that is important to have my driving licence and I’m screwed if I don’t get it which I feel like is true for me especially. I feel like I am allowed to say that more because recently my family bought a new vehicle which got into an accident so it was written off so we were without a car and it was that hard for us that we had to just go to the dealership and get a runabout car just so we have some convenience so we did, if we didn’t get a vehicle it would have been harder in the short run and the long run until we got a car. We weren’t injured at all in the car accident, it was just a large vehicle hit our car which was new and it written our car off. We were just out of a car for a few weeks.

I came to post on here that I’m feeling down about failing my driving test because I was expecting to pass and I’m going to college doing a motor vehicle course and I can’t drive. I don’t want to just get public transport because I just dislike it and like we have witnessed it is hard living life without a car. I’m just kind of worried about not being able to drive then my life will be harder and also it is stigmatised on weather you drive or not.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ahhh I failed my driving test last week and due to the pandemic you go back to the centre as soon as you make a serious fault so I made it in the first 7 mins. I didn’t feel confident sharing how I feel about this on this forum because when I posted last time I seemed to have got criticism from a few users when I wasn’t even doing anything wrong other than sharing how I’m feeling. I feel now I can justify it now though because all I was basically saying was that is important to have my driving licence and I’m screwed if I don’t get it which I feel like is true for me especially. I feel like I am allowed to say that more because recently my family bought a new vehicle which got into an accident so it was written off so we were without a car and it was that hard for us that we had to just go to the dealership and get a runabout car just so we have some convenience so we did, if we didn’t get a vehicle it would have been harder in the short run and the long run until we got a car. We weren’t injured at all in the car accident, it was just a large vehicle hit our car which was new and it written our car off. We were just out of a car for a few weeks.

I came to post on here that I’m feeling down about failing my driving test because I was expecting to pass and I’m going to college doing a motor vehicle course and I can’t drive. I don’t want to just get public transport because I just dislike it and like we have witnessed it is hard living life without a car. I’m just kind of worried about not being able to drive then my life will be harder and also it is stigmatised on weather you drive or not.

Hi, Unfortunately its one of those things that you are just going to have to practice a lot and then retake the test again. Don't rush into trying to go for the test, work with a teacher to go over the fault and then go from there. Its not the end of the world, but I understand that you want to drive a lot and its important to you. Keep your head up, try again and eventually you will pass.. Good luck
Quite a few people on here have sticks jammed up their arses, don't pay attention to them. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling demotivated but in life you will have obstacles and you have got to find a solution for it. Focus on your weaknesses, where are you going wrong and how can you go about from not making the same mistake again? Keep on practising and don't give up. Many people have been in your position so don't think it's embarrassing to share or anything
Reply 3
Original post by Abzzz57
Hi, Unfortunately its one of those things that you are just going to have to practice a lot and then retake the test again. Don't rush into trying to go for the test, work with a teacher to go over the fault and then go from there. Its not the end of the world, but I understand that you want to drive a lot and its important to you. Keep your head up, try again and eventually you will pass.. Good luck

I just need to drive urgently as the bus is becoming unbearable for my anxiety
Reply 4
Original post by kingpin x
Quite a few people on here have sticks jammed up their arses, don't pay attention to them. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling demotivated but in life you will have obstacles and you have got to find a solution for it. Focus on your weaknesses, where are you going wrong and how can you go about from not making the same mistake again? Keep on practising and don't give up. Many people have been in your position so don't think it's embarrassing to share or anything

I went through a yellow light an I feel it is embarrassing for myself and very stigmatised.
Have more lessons then take your test but make sure you don't retake the test too soon as you might not have taken in the knowledge properly unless you feel it was a trivial and stupid mistake which you'll be more careful about next time (and once you get proper licence hopefully).
Reply 6

Just look at this, it’s full of people being critical https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6287320
Reply 7
H

Original post by Rufus the red
Have more lessons then take your test but make sure you don't retake the test too soon as you might not have taken in the knowledge properly unless you feel it was a trivial and stupid mistake which you'll be more careful about next time (and once you get proper licence hopefully).

Cheers
Just look at this, it’s full of people being critical https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6287320

I bet half of them can;t drive - some people jut love to be negative I'm sorry to say.

Keep trying and don't put too much pressure on yourself :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
I bet half of them can;t drive - some people jut love to be negative I'm sorry to say.

Keep trying and don't put too much pressure on yourself :smile:

I just felt even worse because some of them responding have loads of reps and it just felt insulting
Thanks everybody for being more positive
I just felt even worse because some of them responding have loads of reps and it just felt insulting

Reps aren't everything...

Spoiler

Original post by Rufus the red
Reps aren't everything...

Spoiler

Yeah I’ll give you one
Yeah I’ll give you one

'Tis a Christmas miracle!:dancing:

I have 11 gems but that doesn't mean I am always right :smile:

Look some people on here are negative and probably jealous that you are learning to drive. I've 'met' some lovely people but keyboard warriors are to be pitied.

Is your instructor allowed to go on tests with you at the moment? That can help some people relax :smile:
I have 11 gems but that doesn't mean I am always right :smile:

Look some people on here are negative and probably jealous that you are learning to drive. I've 'met' some lovely people but keyboard warriors are to be pitied.

Is your instructor allowed to go on tests with you at the moment? That can help some people relax :smile:

Thanks and no my instructor isn’t allowed to come on the tests with us
I failed mine (first attempt) a couple of weeks ago and as gutting as it was, especially as I expected to pass and about 5 people I know have passed since I failed, I’ve come to realise that the thing I failed on is actually a big problem that could’ve caused issues if I’d passed and the situation came up again. Keep practicing as much as you can and take it when you feel ready - if you can’t book one soon because of the high demand try and get one further away (you should be able to book one on Monday) and find a cancellation to move it to, your instructor may be able to help with this too. Good luck, hopefully now you’ve taken it once you know what to expect and won’t be as nervous :smile:
I failed mine (first attempt) a couple of weeks ago and as gutting as it was, especially as I expected to pass and about 5 people I know have passed since I failed, I’ve come to realise that the thing I failed on is actually a big problem that could’ve caused issues if I’d passed and the situation came up again. Keep practicing as much as you can and take it when you feel ready - if you can’t book one soon because of the high demand try and get one further away (you should be able to book one on Monday) and find a cancellation to move it to, your instructor may be able to help with this too. Good luck, hopefully now you’ve taken it once you know what to expect and won’t be as nervous :smile:

Cheers
Thanks and no my instructor isn’t allowed to come on the tests with us

I always think that once you are 'test ready' some luck comes into it as to whether you pass. Sometimes other drivers do things which even an experienced driver would struggle to deal with.
I always think that once you are 'test ready' some luck comes into it as to whether you pass. Sometimes other drivers do things which even an experienced driver would struggle to deal with.

True

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending