The Student Room Group

I am stuck in the past

I don't know how to move on. These past few months I have looked back on situations and have regrets, want to do things differently. I feel like I didn't make the most out of certain things. I miss people (who probably don't miss me lol) and am just upset with how fast time is going. In a way I am happy that certain things are ending, but also upset about others. I am scared of change. I know this is all apart of life, but is there anyway to get over it quickly, cause that's all that's been on my mind recently lol.
Reply 1
I think I might understand how you feel - as someone who is very sensitive, any tiny thing that doesn't go smoothly in life can stay in my head for ages. It might sound cliché, but I think you might feel better by working on doing things to help your regrets - there will always be ways to help you accept them, and you eventually will. You could write down what you're feeling (if you haven't done this already), or do something that you know will make you happier e.g. baking, watching TV, reading. I hate the end of eras, and as a kind of light-hearted example, I finished a (heart-wrenching) TV show a few weeks ago, and tbh I still feel sad and a bit empty because the story's finished, but the sense of loss is definitely less than a few weeks ago! Don't want to make this too long, but please remember that these uncertain and less positive moments in life won't last; focus on your goals, give yourself time to relax :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending