The Student Room Group

HE access to nursing with learndirect really stuck on unit 2

is anyone else doing the access course to nursing with learndirect, im really stuck on unit 2 with parahrasing and quotations and doing the citations as there is no author as its a NHS careers booklet

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me too. No matter how much I’m reading about it it’s going over my head completely. Can someone explain really simply please 🤣
In the assignments I've done on the nursing access course, if it's an organisation such as NHS with no individual author stated, I've done the in text citation as (NHS, year) and not had any issues mentioned by the assessors about it
Reply 3
Original post by Laurajayne2092
In the assignments I've done on the nursing access course, if it's an organisation such as NHS with no individual author stated, I've done the in text citation as (NHS, year) and not had any issues mentioned by the assessors about it

Thank you, That has helped a lot!!
Reply 4
Original post by Jgj21
Thank you, That has helped a lot!!

Thank you so much has helped me a lot :smile:
Reply 6
On the first page of the booklet it has nhs and then some number then the date it was published. Can I add that? I’m guessing that’s the author.
Reply 7
dont worry your not going to get punished for an error on a reference. if you down loaded it and the date you view and the web page. nhs and if its a local health board/trust add that. if central then stick with the nhs. however i was still messing up refs after 2 degrees so best to learn. and there are tools that format it for you like world cat.
Reply 8
Hiya, I have just started access to nursing with learn direct aswell. I failed my first submission of unit two, I have passed now. This is the feedback my tutor gave me which really helped.
Follow the structure/headings below and look at the advice for each bit: Paraphrasing example 1 Original text: (no citation or reference needed on this) My paraphrased text: ensure the citation goes after this (author, year) ie (NHS Education England, 2020) Paraphrasing example 2 Original text: (no citation or reference needed on this) My paraphrased text: ensure the citation goes after this (author, year) ie (NHS Education England, 2020) Quotation example 1 Original text: (no citation, " " or reference needed on this) My quotation: Use " and ensure the citation goes after this (author, year) ie (NHS Education England, 2020) Quotation example 2 Original text: (no citation, " " or reference needed on this) My quotation: Use " and ensure the citation goes after this (author, year) References Use this format for a leaflet: Last name, First Initial or Name of the Organisation That Published the Pamphlet. (Year of Publication). Title of Brochure. [format]. Location. Eg NHS Education England, (2020), 350 Careers One NHS, Your future, (pamphlet), London
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bakerjackie
is anyone else doing the access course to nursing with learndirect, im really stuck on unit 2 with parahrasing and quotations and doing the citations as there is no author as its a NHS careers booklet

Hi good day. Could you help me with this unit please?
Reply 10
I am stuck on 3 it's driving me mental need to make a plan for the next part of the unit 4 question..
I am starting to wonder if I have taken off more than I can chew, I've been an HCA for over 6 years and really can not progress any further without a degree in nursing. I am at band 3/4 level working in practice. almost 40 years old :frown:

Some of the language used is ridiculous yes they provided information and videos, but it isn't what we use in our everyday lives, and not once in all my years has a nurse said to me I am just off to paraphrase someone's notes lol!
wow, there is a rant for you lol!
if it helps I didn't get the referencing right either on my first submission the tutor guided me a little she said
You have included citations (which should read NHS Careers - not just careers)
You literally are a COMPLETE legend right now!!! hahaha x
Reply 12
its a skill your going to need. when i was training the mere mention of nurse theory was mind numbing. and referencing i still cant get it right every uni has its own version.
Hi I’m on unit 2 submitted a draft copy then had a few issues. It’s the length of time it takes for them to mark it that’s an issue. Also the lack of support!! I kept asking myself if I’ve done the right thing by starting this course. I already work as a HCA on a busy childrens ward.
Reply 14
Original post by Dlhodge
Hi I’m on unit 2 submitted a draft copy then had a few issues. It’s the length of time it takes for them to mark it that’s an issue. Also the lack of support!! I kept asking myself if I’ve done the right thing by starting this course. I already work as a HCA on a busy childrens ward.

The lack of support is hard. I think it is worth it though. With your experience as a HCA and this course you will be in a good position when applying to university or apprenticeships. It gets easier, I'm on unit 13 and iv gotten used to having to teach myself the materials. If there are any units you are stuck on I'm happy to help.
Hi I've just signed up for the course and I'm stuck on unit 2 already. I'm struggling to find where things are, I've emailed and had no reply. They have given me the NHS leaflet and telling me to write scripts on it. But im unsure what to write scripts on? This is a 14 page document and also has questions on it? I've only been on a few hours a ready for giving up its stressing me out so much. I hope you can help x
Its to accurately summarize a text whilst retaining its meaning, I find the structure itself difficult so sometimes it helps me to just break down the question. For example Paraphrase example 1- The original text (Whatever paraphrase you have picked from the NHS thing the course have given you.) Being a part of the NHS is fun and rewarding!My example- Being a part of the NHS as a staff member can be really fun and it can also be a very rewarding job. (NHS, 2022)Quotation example 1- Original Text-
Quotation example 1- Original Text- "Being a part of the NHS is fun and rewarding!"
My example- ""Being a part of the NHS (NHS 2022) is fun and rewarding!"

Then pick a different one for the second one of above

Paraphrase example 2
Original text-
My example-

Quotation example-
My example-

Hope this helps a little. cite this for me is a good website or mybib remember to add refs. theres a good youtuber can't remember the name but type in access to nursing then the unit and she gives you good guides :smile: xx
Reply 18
Hi there,

I've been stuck on Unit 7 for months now, I just can't seem to be able to get past it. I need guidance as I already feel lost and unmotivated. Please help
(Original post by Tynu)Hi there,

I've been stuck on Unit 7 for months now, I just can't seem to be able to get past it. I need guidance as I already feel lost and unmotivated. Please help

Original post by Tynu
Hi there,

hey do you still need help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending