The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 1
It's a Brookes Bus Pass, in which you can use for the 1st year to get on any BrookesBus for free. These being the U1, U4, U5 & U10 services around Oxford. The only charges that you will be asked for are using these services after midnight, where you must pay £1 to use these buses in the early hours of the morning! :smile:

As for the Brighton to Oxford - it would totally depend on the type of transport you decide to take. Keep in mind, get a young persons rail card from National Rail or possibly even your bank to cut train prices by 1/3!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
I can't help you with costs for the Brookes Bus, but I can tell you that to get to Brighton it is probably cheaper to take the Oxford Tube coach to London then either get another coach or hop on the train. The Oxford Tube is really cheap (well, in my day it was something like £5.50 return - Oxford to London and back). They run regularly and throughout the night too (good for getting to London gigs ;0)). From here you could get a National Express coach on a funfair ride (which is about £5 from Exeter to London each way, so would be very cheap for you).

At a guess (and assuming that you book in advance and get the right times) I'd say that you could do the trip in under £20.
Reply 3
The bus pass we collect at enrolment week as it's in with the hall rent:smile:
I think one of the passport photos we need is to put on the bus pass as proof of ID or something
x

Latest

Trending

Trending