The Student Room Group

I’m lonely in liverpool

Hello, I just moved toLivepool and it wasn’t really good to be fair but not too bad since London is kinda boring for me.

To be honest, 5 days in and it’s ok cos I have been to flat parties on Saturday night but since the Covid restrictions everyone at my building well mostly since the other people just goes somewhere else maybe to other people’s flat or something.

Basically, it hasn’t really gone to plan to be honest and I’m worried that I’m again hating England or U.K because of people social media and bluntness and apparently now Liverpool is the same as Manchester and Edinburgh where UK cities are the same as Ireland. Everyone is in their social media’s and on their phone.

I did not befriend every single scouser young people. It’s really shocking and I’m starting to regret now. Please help.
Original post by MohamedAdan
Hello, I just moved toLivepool and it wasn’t really good to be fair but not too bad since London is kinda boring for me.

To be honest, 5 days in and it’s ok cos I have been to flat parties on Saturday night but since the Covid restrictions everyone at my building well mostly since the other people just goes somewhere else maybe to other people’s flat or something.

Basically, it hasn’t really gone to plan to be honest and I’m worried that I’m again hating England or U.K because of people social media and bluntness and apparently now Liverpool is the same as Manchester and Edinburgh where UK cities are the same as Ireland. Everyone is in their social media’s and on their phone.

I did not befriend every single scouser young people. It’s really shocking and I’m starting to regret now. Please help.

Hey there :smile:
I've moved your thread over to north of england :yy:
Are you attending any of the Liverpool unis atm or just moved there for other reasons?
Cheese :bump:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hey there :smile:
I've moved your thread over to north of england :yy:
Are you attending any of the Liverpool unis atm or just moved there for other reasons?
Cheese :bump:

I moved there to attend Liverpool John Moore's University which btw has a lot of Irish people which I didn't realise that it was a lot and not many Londoners are in Liverpool Accommodation.
Original post by Anonymous
No surprise, Liverpool is a dump.

Well, its easy to say that cos If I want to move out then Liverpool would be an option but yh its really hard apparently to make friends with locals whilst you in accommodation. London is a great city don't get it twisted but it's too expensive to live there and you would be lucky to get a 1 bedroom for like £500 per week.
Original post by MohamedAdan
I moved there to attend Liverpool John Moore's University which btw has a lot of Irish people which I didn't realise that it was a lot and not many Londoners are in Liverpool Accommodation.

ah ok
Maybe the uni has some official online events with the Student's Union that could help you meet some fellow students? :smile:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
ah ok
Maybe the uni has some official online events with the Student's Union that could help you meet some fellow students? :smile:

I did meet people in online events but it wasn't what I was expected. Oh well, I can try again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending