The Student Room Group

medicine

hey

i've applied to the University of Manchester to study Medicine.
I need AAB...but Maths is getting incredibly hard, and i think i can only get a B in that and Chem .but an A in biology should be achievable (i hope) . Is it true that the university will let me drop one grade if they offer me a place. i heard this and read it somewhere -(specifically about Manchester uni) and want to know if it is true,

and does ne1 know people doing medicine at manchester who have got in with lower grades than aab.

thanks.
Reply 1
Unregistered
hey

I need AAB...but Maths is getting incredibly hard, and i think i can only get a B in that and Chem .but an A in biology should be achievable (i hope) . Is it true that the university will let me drop one grade if they offer me a place. i heard this and read it somewhere -(specifically about Manchester uni) and want to know if it is true,

and does ne1 know people doing medicine at manchester who have got in with lower grades than aab.

thanks.

I think it will depend on how many people get the grades to get onto the course. If they are oversubscribed by the time results day comes, they won't be able to let you on. They only take people who don't get the grades if they still have spare places on the course, unless you manage to really impress them at interview.
Reply 2
mr-shiraz
I think it will depend on how many people get the grades to get onto the course. If they are oversubscribed by the time results day comes, they won't be able to let you on. They only take people who don't get the grades if they still have spare places on the course, unless you manage to really impress them at interview.

if you don't get at least 2 As you can forget it
Reply 3
Hi don't worry you'll be alright. Try your best. I hae applied to Manchester as a retake for Dentistry. They were really good to me on the phone about giving me another chance. If you really want to be a doctor you will not give up. Manchester is rated the best. Hope for the Best.

Sat
Reply 4
Unregistered
hey

thanks.

Well if you do fall short by one then call them up and ask, nothing ventured and all that...

Latest

Trending

Trending