The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
I was wanting to apply to premed at Uni of Buckingham and wanted to know if anyone has been there since I can’t find much info about it online. What was your experience, the teaching, the content, accommodation like etc. Also did you end up getting into their Medicine course if that’s what you intended?

Also is anyone thinking to apply to this for Jan 2021 entry?

Same, if you have any info please share it with me
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Original post by Sajawalsuji
Same, if you have any info please share it with me

Omg i was looking at this course too i wonder if it goes through clearing ot not
Hey,
I was wanting to apply to premed at Uni of Buckingham and wanted to know if anyone has been there since I can’t find much info about it online. What was your experience, the teaching, the content, accommodation like etc. Also did you end up getting into their Medicine course if that’s what you intended?

Hi!
I have done the pre med course at the crewe campus at the university of Buckingham, to be completely honest with you, the student life wasn't the best in terms of having to do things around the city however i must say our student ambassador tried their best to get us involved with activities such as quizzes and trips. We also simply travelled to manchester or other nearby cities for night outs etc. The accommodation is okay as well.
in terms of teaching and the content, i would say the content is really good, i enjoyed it as well as the teaching. However, i would say there isn't that much support as i would have wanted, perhaps this was because we were the first year to start doing the pre med course and it is relatively new therefore it wasn't very organised.
i did get into medicine at Buckingham for Jan 2021, I can say with hard work it is definitely doable, if you ask for help from some lecturers, they really do help. The content is hard of course but definitely beneficial for when you start doing medicine or even biomedical sciences.
Original post by Zahrashah3
Omg i was looking at this course too i wonder if it goes through clearing ot not

i am not sure about clearing however if you don't get the grades you wanted, i am sure you can email or contact the university and they might be able to do something.
how many studied this course and how many of you got into medical school
Original post by honestlyidk
Hi!
I have done the pre med course at the crewe campus at the university of Buckingham, to be completely honest with you, the student life wasn't the best in terms of having to do things around the city however i must say our student ambassador tried their best to get us involved with activities such as quizzes and trips. We also simply travelled to manchester or other nearby cities for night outs etc. The accommodation is okay as well.
in terms of teaching and the content, i would say the content is really good, i enjoyed it as well as the teaching. However, i would say there isn't that much support as i would have wanted, perhaps this was because we were the first year to start doing the pre med course and it is relatively new therefore it wasn't very organised.
i did get into medicine at Buckingham for Jan 2021, I can say with hard work it is definitely doable, if you ask for help from some lecturers, they really do help. The content is hard of course but definitely beneficial for when you start doing medicine or even biomedical sciences.

Hi, so I’m applying to this course in the matter of a week or so. Seeing your comment has given me some hope. I am struggling with the application questions because I’m applying separately to my UCAS and was wondering if you had any tips on what to mention when answering the questions. It is a very different approach to how my UCAS was and so I’m struggling a little bit.
Thank you
Reply 7
Original post by honestlyidk
Hi!

Hi Thanks for the post, I'm planning to do it in Jan 2022, could you please tell us more about how did you get that 70% overall score, like how did you study and what are the things to focus on to achieve that score. And also let us know how many in your class did get into medicine? Appreciate your time and help. Thanks :smile:
Hey,

Original post by Sevelk
Hi Thanks for the post, I'm planning to do it in Jan 2022, could you please tell us more about how did you get that 70% overall score, like how did you study and what are the things to focus on to achieve that score. And also let us know how many in your class did get into medicine? Appreciate your time and help. Thanks :smile:

Hi! I studied pre-med at buckingham's Crewe campus last year and successfully made it into med. I am currently in first year medicine at Buckingham. You need to achieve a 70% average across all your modules in order to progress onto medicine, as well as passing the interview. There were a couple in my cohort who made it into medicine so if you are determined and work hard for the 9 months you can definitely make it!
Hi, so I’m applying to this course in the matter of a week or so. Seeing your comment has given me some hope. I am struggling with the application questions because I’m applying separately to my UCAS and was wondering if you had any tips on what to mention when answering the questions. It is a very different approach to how my UCAS was and so I’m struggling a little bit.
Thank you

Hi! i also did the pre-med course last year, so if you have any questions feel free to message me!
If anyone has any questions about the pre-med, feel free to drop me a message!
Hi, I wanted to just ask about the prospects after the pre med year of applying to other medical schools is that possible and if so which ones
Hi, What other options are there after completing the Pre-Med year, can you apply to other universities for their Medical School or is it just easier to stay for the Medical School? Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending