The Student Room Group

Am I being reckless? I’m stuck

So I took a year out to get into medicine, and I got in, (to medicine with a foundation year), I’ve had a lot of self reflection and self denial but I dont think med is for me bc next the idea of being a doctor in 6 years fills me with dread and the 6 years of intense work is not worth it if the end result makes me feel depressed.

I think I have been hyper focused on getting into med during a levels that I haven’t taken a break to consider other things.

Since I was young, subconsciously how I wanted my career to look like was more office based, doing internships, doing new experiences etc although some ppl find that draining, that prospect excited me.

I think location is also important for me, I wanted to stay in London but had to move out for med.

So my current plan is finish the foundation year because I have no other option and I think I should at least try this year before completely erasing med as an option (as its not easy to get back to) and then start at a diff uni for a diff course (I’m still not sure what it would be but probably seem based I think)

I would still have 3 years of funding left so it should be fine but yh

I’m not sure yet.

Am I being reckless?
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump
can you PM me and I can offer some advice
I think your plan is good finish the foundation year but before January make a ucas application to other universities and courses of its science based your looking for maybe biochemistry then do patent law to do medicine it means your a levels are up to par so you can probably get in with that I’ll say just do the year and apply to other unis via your a levels and see how the year goes also talk to your academic advisor
Reply 5
Original post by Rose_x0123
I think your plan is good finish the foundation year but before January make a ucas application to other universities and courses of its science based your looking for maybe biochemistry then do patent law to do medicine it means your a levels are up to par so you can probably get in with that I’ll say just do the year and apply to other unis via your a levels and see how the year goes also talk to your academic advisor

Patent law? I’m confused on that part
Original post by Anonymous
Patent law? I’m confused on that part

It’s a job you said you don’t know what you want to do but you want to do a science job and something office based patent law is that look into it
Reply 7
Original post by Rose_x0123
It’s a job you said you don’t know what you want to do but you want to do a science job and something office based patent law is that look into it

Hmm I’ve looked into it but it’s not as appealing, I think I’m also learning more into physics/CS but I can’t pursue it since I. Don’t have the a levles for it :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending