The Student Room Group

Anxiety about going on a plane, fearing the worst

Today is the day of my holiday trip with two of my family members I'm excited but fearful - I'm scared if something will happen on the plane that will cause everyone to die. I'm so scared. I'm already here at the airport I'm trying to calm myself down but I just can't shake this feeling. Help anyone have any advice?
Are planes safe?
I know that it can be quite anxious my mum gets the same, you’ll be absolutely fine, maybe just do some deep breathing, sit next to someone who you can talk to on the plane or u know who will make u less anxious. Play games on your phone or do some colouring etc basically anything to try to distract u. That’s what helps her, it’s very unlikely that u would die. My mum usually closes her eyes, listens to music and sleeps but it took her a while to get like that. The more times u go on the plane, the easier it gets.
Original post by Anonymous
Today is the day of my holiday trip with two of my family members I'm excited but fearful - I'm scared if something will happen on the plane that will cause everyone to die. I'm so scared. I'm already here at the airport I'm trying to calm myself down but I just can't shake this feeling. Help anyone have any advice?
Are planes safe?

Planes are safer to travel in than cars. You'll be fine xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending