The Student Room Group

GCSE History

Medicine through time, for the medieval and renaissance, what are some things I could improve in this answer and what would you mark me:
[4 marks]
During the medieval period, hospitals mainly provided hospitality, food, rest and very basic care. Some people were even refused treatment such as pregnant women, or those who had infectious diseases. The church ran 30% of the hospitals. However, at the beginning of the renaissance period hospitals improved, and visitors had access to a good diet, a visit from a physician and medicine and remedies from an apothecary. Most people survived. But after the dissolution of the monasteries in 1536, there were very few hospitals left because the majority were shut down due to their religious links.
Reply 1
:bump:
Reply 2
another bump because I desperately need any comment, even a sentence
What is the question ? I think u need more of an explain in regards to the effect of the hospitals shutting and more about religion part too.
Original post by Anonymous
What is the question ? I think u need more of an explain in regards to the effect of the hospitals shutting and more about religion part too.

explanation?!!
Reply 5

But it's a 4 mark answer, so I don't have to go in too much detail right? I'll only have 4-6 minutes to complete it in the exam.
At least that's what my history teacher said
Reply 6

I made it up:
Explain a difference between medieval hospitals and renaissance hospitals(I know it won't be worded like this in an exam)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending