The Student Room Group

Universities!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the University of Warwick and University of Birmingham accept applicants who have GCSE grades no higher than a grade 6?
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Anonymous
Bump

It’s been 6 minutes. Please don’t bump a thread so quickly.

To get a quicker response:
1) What subject are you applying for?
2) What are your predicted grades?
3) What did you get in GCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
It’s been 6 minutes. Please don’t bump a thread so quickly.

To get a quicker response:
1) What subject are you applying for?
2) What are your predicted grades?
3) What did you get in GCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics?

I am applying for education
idk know yet what my predicted grades are- the predicted grades will be based on the mocks we will have in November
I got a grade 4 for both english language and maths for GCSE
Reply 4
Anyone?
have you looked on their website? because it tells you the answer there
Reply 6
Original post by tommy988
have you looked on their website? because it tells you the answer there

I have but it says that they want a minimum of grade 4 for both English and maths at GCSE. My form tutor told me that they usually expect grade 7s and 8s at GCSE that's why I am panicking. :frown:
Reply 7
I have but it says that they want a minimum of grade 4 for both English and maths at GCSE. My form tutor told me that they usually expect grade 7s and 8s at GCSE that's why I am panicking. :frown:

If you have the minimum then you should be fine although there will be applicants who may have higher grades than you. You just need to meet their A-Level/BTEC requirements now.

They expect more than 4s, sure. You can still get in with less though, make sure you try to get relevant work experience/volunteering and get high UCAS predicteds and you should be okay.
Honestly, you've met the GCSE entry requirements, so beyond that, none of us can tell you whether you've got a chance or not.
I'm not too familiar about the level of competition for Education at Warwick/ Birmingham, but obviously if it comes to them having to choose between you and another applicant (say who has the same A Level grades as you & same level PS), they'd pick the other applicant if they've got better GCSE grades than you. But beyond this, it's hard to say.
Both universities require ABB at A Level. I'd say to try and ensure that your predicted grades are higher than this, to compensate.
Original post by Theloniouss
They expect more than 4s, sure. You can still get in with less though, make sure you try to get relevant work experience/volunteering and get high UCAS predicteds and you should be okay.

Thanks xx
The problem is that I can't get work experience at the moment because of covid. Everywhere I applied to for work experience, all said they can't accept me for work experience due to covid :frown:
Original post by confuzzledteen
Honestly, you've met the GCSE entry requirements, so beyond that, none of us can tell you whether you've got a chance or not.
I'm not too familiar about the level of competition for Education at Warwick/ Birmingham, but obviously if it comes to them having to choose between you and another applicant (say who has the same A Level grades as you & same level PS), they'd pick the other applicant if they've got better GCSE grades than you. But beyond this, it's hard to say.
Both universities require ABB at A Level. I'd say to try and ensure that your predicted grades are higher than this, to compensate.

Thanks for the advice :h:
I will try my best to get good predicted grades
Original post by 5hyl33n
If you have the minimum then you should be fine although there will be applicants who may have higher grades than you. You just need to meet their A-Level/BTEC requirements now.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending