The Student Room Group

A-Level Geography NEA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Peter76530
I’ve been told max 6 of primary/secondary data?

we didn't get told that, probably depends by school.
Hey Could I use your project as a model?
Original post by zeddkhan0505
Hey Could I use your project as a model?

There are loads of examples published by exam boards with marks and feedback :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Ðeggs
My introduction was about 4000 words. I don't think 4000 words is sufficient for a full A-level standard geographical inquiry, that's more what I did for GCSE coursework where your teacher tells you what to do. Seems like maybe your teacher has missed the mark a bit (?). As part of my introduction yes I explained what the literature / model I used was, how I would use it in the investigation, and then critiqued / explained some of the possible limitations or considerations about the literature I used. Make sure you're not simply explaining "positives and negatives" or "advantages and disadvantages". Contextualise the model / literature that you have used for the hypothesis of your investigation, explain how and why you chose this model and why you've selected it, the benefits / important features of this theory, and then any limitations / discontinuities between your investigation and the model. (Talk about scale, seasonality, applicability, etc).

My NEA project was investigating the relationship between stream discharge and sediment angularity / roundness along a local river where I travelled to in Somerset. I'm a first year studying geography at university now, if you have any more questions feel free to post them here or PM me if you prefer. Best wishes :smile:

Hi i know this is months later you’ve posted about your NEA but what key points did you write in your conclusion and Evaluation?
NEA tips? I’m starting mine this summer
Reply 25
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
NEA tips? I’m starting mine this summer

It's good that you're starting in the summer! I guess one tip is to really try and get a lot of it done it the summer, at least a really good/quite polished first draft that you can give to your teachers to give feedback on if they can. Or even feel free to pm me with it later (I did mine this year and got a few marks off full marks and I might be able to give some feedback/ tips if you wanted).
But yeah, starting early is so important. I left it it very late and although it turned out okay, it was extremely stressful and a lot of my other work for geogrphy and my other subjects suffered quite a lot because I had to take time out of them to focus on finishing the NEA before the deadline. Also it was extremely stressful!!! Please do not leave it last minute!
Since it's an independent investigation anyway, it's much better to get it all done over summer so you can focus on your other subjects and work. Also it's a good idea to get the fieldwork trip done while it's warm. I ended up doing mine autumn/winter time and it was freezing!

A general tip would also be to look at the exemplars on the exam board websites. Compare high scoring ones to the others and see what they did well.
Do you know what topic area you want to do it on? (If not, I would recommend making it achievable, and choose something you can investigate close to home. I wasted a lot of time because I wanted to do mine on peatlands and there were none near me, so all my planning for it went to waste. )
Original post by Raja12
Hey guys,

How long were your geography NEA? I am currently doing mine and im about quarter way through, but have written 6k words. I have made sure its not waffle though. Let me know whether you think I should cut it down.

Mine is 18,000 words, but I’m praying I get an A, at least when I get my feedback! We will see…. it was kind of a nightmare to write and I’m so worried I didn’t reach the criteria
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by daddielonglegz
Mine is 18,000 words, but I’m praying I get an A, at least when I get my feedback! We will see…. it was kind of a nightmare to write and I’m so worried I didn’t reach the criteria

18k??? How do you guys write this much😭
I'm scared if I do a lot it’ll all be waffle
i’m doing 7-8k words max
i know someone at 27k words, crazy
Reply 28
Original post by Ðeggs
Mine when it was finished was 22,000 words. Sounds like you're doing just right to me.

What mark did you get????
Reply 29
Original post by daddielonglegz

What mark did you get??
I got full marks, A* :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending