The Student Room Group
Reply 2
i just want some opinions from people who have done a similar thing at GCSE - like, do you work in groups and can you talk while you're doing the practical? Also, if anyone else is taking the course has their teacher mentioned when their first practical is and how you should revise for it?
Reply 3
Don't worry about it too much for the time being - you should be more concerned about the January exams.
I did Chemistry OCR Salters, and in our practical, we had to work individually and in silence. Beforehand though, we had done a lot of similar practicals so we all knew what we had to do to get the marks. It really isn't that scary - concentrate on learning stuff for exams now, and start worrying about this in about 6 months time!

EDIT: I assume you're talking about assessed COURSEWORK practicals. I really doubt you'd be doing anything that counts towards your AS grade at the moment, it's probably just an in-college thing. If you're that worried, just ask your teacher about it :smile:
Reply 4
thanks for your help - i will start concentrating more on the january exam. I was just worried because someone had mentioned that the first practical was soon and that the results would form part of our actual grade.
Reply 5
minnie
thanks for your help - i will start concentrating more on the january exam. I was just worried because someone had mentioned that the first practical was soon and that the results would form part of our actual grade.

That's ok :p: If I were you, I'd just ask the teacher about what they involve, and whether they count towards your final grade. I highly doubt they will at this stage in the game, but it's better to be safe than sorry!
Reply 6
You're right. I'll ask the teacher about them today - I just thought I'd ask on here first because he's quite unapproachable!

Latest