The Student Room Group

UCL Psychology

Hi guys!! I am just too nervous waiting for decisions from the universities... Please help me analyze my situation. I applied to UCL for a Psychology major. I am studying IB, the 4 HLs I take are Psychology, Biology, Math AI, and Business Management with predictions 7,6,5 and 7 respectively; and my 2 SLs are English Lang&Lit and Chinese Lang&Lit. My EE is on Psychology. I got an overall prediction of 40/45.

UCL Psychology entry requirements ask for 39 points with 19 points at HL, including a 6 at least one, but preferably two subjects from Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Psychology, with no score lower than 5.

Since I met the requirements with preferably two subjects from those at HL, and my third HL got a 7, however, my fourth HL which is Math got a 5. Would UCL still consider me? Or as general would universities consider me and give me an offer? So nervous about this... If I will be rejected because of this...
Reply 1
If you have met all the requirements then all that’s left is how good your personal statement is. However, as UCL is extremely competitive if you didn’t meet the requirements then you may have less of a chance. I guess you won’t know until you get a response, good luck though :smile:
Original post by kkk12
Hi guys!! I am just too nervous waiting for decisions from the universities... Please help me analyze my situation. I applied to UCL for a Psychology major. I am studying IB, the 4 HLs I take are Psychology, Biology, Math AI, and Business Management with predictions 7,6,5 and 7 respectively; and my 2 SLs are English Lang&Lit and Chinese Lang&Lit. My EE is on Psychology. I got an overall prediction of 40/45.

UCL Psychology entry requirements ask for 39 points with 19 points at HL, including a 6 at least one, but preferably two subjects from Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Psychology, with no score lower than 5.

Since I met the requirements with preferably two subjects from those at HL, and my third HL got a 7, however, my fourth HL which is Math got a 5. Would UCL still consider me? Or as general would universities consider me and give me an offer? So nervous about this... If I will be rejected because of this...

I'm pretty sure in case you're taking 4 HLs they look at 3 only, that's the case for medicine at least. so they would probably take the best ones so that would be Psychology (7), Biology (6) and Business Management (7) in your case, which meets all the requirements.
then even if they decide to look at 4 HLs (in this case the requirement about 19 points at HL wouldn't make sense), but still you meet all the requirements. so I think there's no need to worry :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by VanillaCream
I'm pretty sure in case you're taking 4 HLs they look at 3 only, that's the case for medicine at least. so they would probably take the best ones so that would be Psychology (7), Biology (6) and Business Management (7) in your case, which meets all the requirements.
then even if they decide to look at 4 HLs (in this case the requirement about 19 points at HL wouldn't make sense), but still you meet all the requirements. so I think there's no need to worry :wink:

Thank you very much!! This really resolved my concerns!
Reply 4
did u get in?
Original post by kkk12
Original post by kkk12

Hey! I was wondering did you get in?

Latest

Trending

Trending