The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Two UCL choices on UCAS

Hi guys, I want to apply for Psychology(C800) and Psychology and Language Science for UCL on UCAS, which will takes up two options. Both are in the brain faculty and teachers told me the same group of people are going to read my PS. Will there be a crash of the two applications?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by aubery
Hi guys, I want to apply for Psychology(C800) and Psychology and Language Science for UCL on UCAS, which will takes up two options. Both are in the brain faculty and teachers told me the same group of people are going to read my PS. Will there be a crush of the two applications?

What do you mean by "Will there be a crush of the two applications?" Could you perhaps rephrase your question so as not to use the word "crush"?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
What do you mean by "Will there be a crush of the two applications?" Could you perhaps rephrase your question so as not to use the word "crush"?

I am sorry for the unclear expression. Because I heard things like ucl will only consider offering one major if they received two
Original post by aubery
I am sorry for the unclear expression. Because I heard things like ucl will only consider offering one major if they received two

Ah, you were hoping to receive two offers, and then firm Psychology (A*AA) and insure Psychology and Language Sciences (AAA). Is that right?

(If you were only expecting to firm or insure one of the courses, then it would be no issue if UCL adopt a policy whereby they "only consider offering one major if they received two".)

I've not heard that UCL have any such policy. But that's not to say that they don't.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Ah, you were hoping to receive two offers, and then firm Psychology (A*AA) and insure Psychology and Language Sciences (AAA). Is that right?

(If you were only expecting to firm or insure one of the courses, then it would be no issue if UCL adopt a policy whereby they "only consider offering one major if they received two".)

I've not heard that UCL have any such policy. But that's not to say that they don't.

How about the process they send out offer, will they consider only sending one offer to each applicant?
Original post by aubery
How about the process they send out offer, will they consider only sending one offer to each applicant?

I can find no evidence of such a policy. In fact, I can find evidence that other departments with UCL have no such policy:

"Yes, you can apply for as many programmes as you wish, if you are likely to meet the entry requirements. If you have applied for more than one programme and you receive more than one offer, you will only be able to accept one." (This is from the School of Architecture, here.)

"If you have multiple offers to study at UCL | You will only be able to accept one offer at UCL" (This is referring to Graduate Offers Holders, here.)

Note that neither of the above are directly applicable to you. The best people to answer your question are the admissions team at UCL. You can do so at +44 (0)20 8059 0939 or via the contact form on this page.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending