The Student Room Group

Psychology Essay Help

I'm currently doing my first year of Psychology AS. We are doing the Social Influence and Research Methods unit and i am having a lot of trouble doing the 18 mark essays. I was wondering if anybody ahs any tips on how i can improve the grades i am currently getting or any help on how i shud lay out my essay.

Thanx 4 any help any1 can give :smile:
Reply 1
Is this for the last question on social learning [aqa type A]

I haven't started this module yet but for these questions you need to.
Briefly state the apfc then critises the study thoroughly linking to various studies and research, giving an opinion on how good/bad the study/research is. Write about 1 and half page on this section if you write fast. Jusy do a meta-analysis.
Tut
I'm currently doing my first year of Psychology AS. We are doing the Social Influence and Research Methods unit and i am having a lot of trouble doing the 18 mark essays. I was wondering if anybody ahs any tips on how i can improve the grades i am currently getting or any help on how i shud lay out my essay.

Thanx 4 any help any1 can give :smile:

Yep, sure no probs.

Well firstly with psych essays, one of the things I learnt for this subject was to find out which reference method we're supposed to use. It's surprising how important this factor can be sometimes. Usually at my uni the 'APA' (American Psychology Association) system is used for this, but it can vary, and I suppose it would considering you're at a British uni, right? Anyway so we used APA.

The second thing I advise is to organise what you're gonna write into sections. Say, make up a flow chart of all the things you want to include, then expand :cool:

Goodluck!

Danni x
the main thing we got told was to make sure you include plenty of AO1 and AO2 at a balanced level. For example, for every description, make sure you analyse and criticise the method/study/model.
Also, say you have 30 minutes for the paper, remember you are left with 18 minutes for this question, and decide on a structure for the question as part of your revision :smile:
Reply 4
caffecooki
the main thing we got told was to make sure you include plenty of AO1 and AO2 at a balanced level. For example, for every description, make sure you analyse and criticise the method/study/model.
Also, say you have 30 minutes for the paper, remember you are left with 18 minutes for this question, and decide on a structure for the question as part of your revision :smile:

Good idea

Writing all ao1 stuff first then ao2 stuff at the end may mess up the balance and then losing marks. Plus you have to write so fast, you don't wanna be writing towards the end of your evaluation and then thinking wtf did i write 2 mins ago.

Latest

Trending

Trending