The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

Fishbourne Halls - Social Aspect?

Hia, this post is targetted at current/previous residents at Fishbourne Road East off-campus halls at Chichester University. I’m starting at Chi in Sep 2021 and I’m looking for accommodation options, and in terms of quality Fishbourne is definitely the most appealing, due to a double bed, newer and cleaner, and a larger and more social kitchen space.

However I read that Fishbourne Halls has the option of “quiet blocks”, and the limited reviews I’ve seen of it suggests that the people who choose to live there are typically very quiet and non-party people. The social aspect of uni is gonna be very important to me, and I wanted to know things such as; are there ever bigger parties at Fishbourne (in a non-COVID world)? are my flatmates likely to be very reserved? Am I likely to miss out by living off-campus?

Any help/information would be appreciated from those with experience of Fishbourne!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hia, this post is targetted at current/previous residents at Fishbourne Road East off-campus halls at Chichester University. I’m starting at Chi in Sep 2021 and I’m looking for accommodation options, and in terms of quality Fishbourne is definitely the most appealing, due to a double bed, newer and cleaner, and a larger and more social kitchen space.

However I read that Fishbourne Halls has the option of “quiet blocks”, and the limited reviews I’ve seen of it suggests that the people who choose to live there are typically very quiet and non-party people. The social aspect of uni is gonna be very important to me, and I wanted to know things such as; are there ever bigger parties at Fishbourne (in a non-COVID world)? are my flatmates likely to be very reserved? Am I likely to miss out by living off-campus?

Any help/information would be appreciated from those with experience of Fishbourne!!

Hi there,

You will definitely not miss out by living off campus! Lots of different people choose to go for different accommodation options for many different reasons, so you'll definitely get a mix of people. Fishbourne is one of our most popular options too!

We have a webinar on Wednesday where we will be discussing the different accommodation options here at Chichester. There will also be students on the webinar sharing their experiences of living on and off campus. You may find this helpful as you can get a student's perspective and ask them any questions.

Here is the link to book the webinar - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/webinar-accommodation-how-to-apply-what-types-do-we-have-tickets-128503919683.

We look forward to meeting you next year! :smile:
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, I'm also looking at Chichester. I was wondering if you knew where you'd read that Fishbourne has quiet blocks as, whilst I'm more likely to pick on-campus accommodation, I'm a very quiet and non-party person so quiet blocks would definitely appeal to me (and I've not found out about them in my own research)? Thanks.

Also, since you're saying quiet blocks are on option, I imagine that Fishbourne is fairly social in most blocks. Honestly, when I looked at it, the fact that it's got the common room, cinema room, fairly spacious kitchens and is off-campus made me think that that'd be the accommodation that would be party central. Obviously, I don't know that for sure though!
Original post by userhep
Hi, I'm also looking at Chichester. I was wondering if you knew where you'd read that Fishbourne has quiet blocks as, whilst I'm more likely to pick on-campus accommodation, I'm a very quiet and non-party person so quiet blocks would definitely appeal to me (and I've not found out about them in my own research)? Thanks.

Also, since you're saying quiet blocks are on option, I imagine that Fishbourne is fairly social in most blocks. Honestly, when I looked at it, the fact that it's got the common room, cinema room, fairly spacious kitchens and is off-campus made me think that that'd be the accommodation that would be party central. Obviously, I don't know that for sure though!

I'm also a non-party person but my research has come to a dead end too. I'm thinking private accommodation such as renting a room would be best?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending