The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Accomodation - Villages

I'm looking at the accommodations for Bristol and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what the 'vibe' is like for each residential village, thanks!
North: Where I live now, mostly posh/tory vibes and people like going clubbing. You need to be a certain extrovert to fit in here. Need bus to uni/any shop

West: Where I wish I lived, most of my friends are in west village and everyone is really nice. Not as active as north village but they definitely still go out.

East: Close to centre, more international students and people tend to go out less. The halls look fancy though
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by user2456532
North: Where I live now, mostly posh/tory vibes and people like going clubbing. You need to be a certain extrovert to fit in here. Need bus to uni/any shop

West: Where I wish I lived, most of my friends are in west village and everyone is really nice. Not as active as north village but they definitely still go out.

East: Close to centre, more international students and people tend to go out less. The halls look fancy though

That's really helpful thank you!
Would you recommend that someone who is looking for more diversity should go for west village over north village? I would love to go to north for the social aspect but I also don't want to feel like an outcast because of my background.
Original post by Ayman_B
That's really helpful thank you!
Would you recommend that someone who is looking for more diversity should go for west village over north village? I would love to go to north for the social aspect but I also don't want to feel like an outcast because of my background.

I would say north village is predominantly middle class local students, its really down to luck/personality whether you fit in but people are friendly enough. I imagine north village do go clubbing more, and some flats are big (20 people) with massive kitchens, but I wouldn't say west village is bad at all socially. I don't live there so not sure, but my friends in Goldney say their flat goes out at least once a week, and probably pubs and things in between.
Reply 4
Original post by user2456532
I would say north village is predominantly middle class local students, its really down to luck/personality whether you fit in but people are friendly enough. I imagine north village do go clubbing more, and some flats are big (20 people) with massive kitchens, but I wouldn't say west village is bad at all socially. I don't live there so not sure, but my friends in Goldney say their flat goes out at least once a week, and probably pubs and things in between.

I've put Goldney (ensuite) as my first choice - I've heard from some that the people there are as posh as the people in SB... does this tend to be the case? Not too big of a concern for me and I'm unlikely to get it anyways, but just curious...
What are the most social halls in West village?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending