The Student Room Group

Bristol law or Nottingham law

hello so i'm torn off between the 2 unis
Nottingham's ranking is higher in law however ppl say Bristol is more prestigious and more regarded by employers and I liked both cities equally but I really want to know which one is better in Law and has higher graduate prospects
Original post by lawyer1456
Nottingham's ranking is higher in law however ppl say Bristol is more prestigious and more regarded by employers and I liked both cities equally but I really want to know which one is better in Law and has higher graduate prospects

You have offers from both?
Have you asked each uni?
Have you consulted your target law firms what their 2024 graduate outlook will be?
Btw if people say this then who are these people and have you asked them to back it up?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You have offers from both?
Have you asked each uni?
Have you consulted your target law firms what their 2024 graduate outlook will be?
Btw if people say this then who are these people and have you asked them to back it up?

the person who said so was my advisor in unis and the one helping me apply to the unis
personally my target law firms are MC firms or US firms or big law firms in london
the person who said so was my advisor in unis and the one helping me apply to the unis
personally my target law firms are MC firms or US firms or big law firms in london

Everyones target firms on TSR is the MC or if they have to then US firms. Perhaps you can go and ask your 2 advisors as to what evidence they are basing it on and make up your own mind. If you have offers from both then will you be going or have you been to open days for both virtual or otherwise.?
Every year this debate pops up on TSR.
Both are well regarded, no firm is going to choose a candidate because of rankings of if they are at Bristol Vs Nottingham.

The reality is your CV, academics & networking will be the difference. Both are very well regarded for law
Reply 5
Original post by mnot
Every year this debate pops up on TSR.
Both are well regarded, no firm is going to choose a candidate because of rankings of if they are at Bristol Vs Nottingham.

The reality is your CV, academics & networking will be the difference. Both are very well regarded for law

thank you
my problem is that i am an international student and i do not think i can visit the unis due to covid so i just wanna know the pov of locals and if what my advisor is saying is true

Tbh I would contact the firms and identify the ease or any preferences for international students. They are both good unis and doubt it makes any difference. Presumably your advisor feels comfortable showing a preference based on their expertise of the UK legal market. You are more likely to get a first at bristol.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Tbh I would contact the firms and identify the ease or any preferences for international students. They are both good unis and doubt it makes any difference. Presumably your advisor feels comfortable showing a preference based on their expertise of the UK legal market. You are more likely to get a first at bristol.

sorry for the excessive questions but since i am an international student... how exactly can i contact the firms
sorry for the excessive questions but since i am an international student... how exactly can i contact the firms

Check if they have a website then look up the grad recruit partner or grad recruitment manager in HR. When you ask a question then it would help if you mention you are an int student and then people can factor that in.
my problem is that i am an international student and i do not think i can visit the unis due to covid so i just wanna know the pov of locals and if what my advisor is saying is true

Bristol : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7tjui86Q
Reply 10

hi, i know this thread was a year ago, but now I am in the same situation as you- I really don't know whether to choose Bristol or Nottingham . Where did you end up going in the end and were you happy with your decision? Thank you
Reply 11
Original post by ma2345
hi, i know this thread was a year ago, but now I am in the same situation as you- I really don't know whether to choose Bristol or Nottingham . Where did you end up going in the end and were you happy with your decision? Thank you

hey I know that's a late message but I ended up in Bristol and I'm loving it. If I had to take the same decision again, ill choose bristol
Good choice
(edited 7 months ago)
hey I know that's a late message but I ended up in Bristol and I'm loving it. If I had to take the same decision again, ill choose bristol

Hey, can you elaborate on what the course is like & maybe share some tips

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending